collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tony's plan  (Read 6413 times)

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
Re: tony's plan
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 07:10:11 PM »
paul_e

1_ buy club
2_ win games
3_ win more games

simples

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »
1. Collect underpants.
2.?
3. Win European Cup

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
1_ collect underpants
2_???
3_ chicken Balti pie mmmm

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
1. Go to work wearing no pants
2. Get arrested on number 9
3. Make mental note not to forget trousers as well

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 08:19:54 PM »
Whatever Dr Tones plans are neither RDM or SB can complain about being supported.

Now I would like to come away from a game thinking "well we didn't win but I can see what we are Tring to do and we are improving"

Rather than look at a line up  and our play and think "WTF"

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
I agree with passport 1. Not much sign of a plan so far. The original question stands - please could the owner tell us what the 5-10 year plan actually is.

Having said that, I don't expect it so be set in stone, and the rule of the BRitish ARmy is a good one - no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

Reality is you have to adjust to what is happening on the ground. I don't think Di Matteo did, I have more faith in Bruce. Happy to give him and Xia more time. But I still want to know what the plan is - even though they may be adapting it, as reality kicks in.

the plan is to be a top 3 in the world club within 5 years isn't it? :-)

Right now, I think I'd settle for being a top 3 club in the midlands :-(

Offline peter w

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 08:36:54 PM »
I think Newcastle could be the game that turns our club around, and not for the most obvious reasons. There is still too much of an attitude around the club that we're too good for this and because we're Aston Villa we'll pummel someone soon and go on a long run of victories. Yet we have won only 8 games this season, the same as Burton. We rarely cut loose and are a poor average lower mid table Championship team. We are an Ipswich, a QPR and the sooner we realise this the sooner we can look to knuckle down and try and turn things around.

If we go to newcastle and get a beating - 4 or 5 or so - then the penny may finally drop that we're not as good as we like to think we are and that working hard will only get us out of this division and not some divine right to be in the top flight because of who we are.

That needs to happen, and fast, because otherwise we'll start to sink too close to the relegation scrap and only wake up when reality is facing us squarely in the face. That's what we really need - a dose of reality. After 6 months or so we haven't seen it. We won't get close to going further up the tabel until we give ourselves a serious reality check and accept where we are now.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »
n
I think Newcastle could be the game that turns our club around, and not for the most obvious reasons. There is still too much of an attitude around the club that we're too good for this and because we're Aston Villa we'll pummel someone soon and go on a long run of victories. Yet we have won only 8 games this season, the same as Burton. We rarely cut loose and are a poor average lower mid table Championship team. We are an Ipswich, a QPR and the sooner we realise this the sooner we can look to knuckle down and try and turn things around.

If we go to newcastle and get a beating - 4 or 5 or so - then the penny may finally drop that we're not as good as we like to think we are and that working hard will only get us out of this division and not some divine right to be in the top flight because of who we are.

That needs to happen, and fast, because otherwise we'll start to sink too close to the relegation scrap and only wake up when reality is facing us squarely in the face. That's what we really need - a dose of reality. After 6 months or so we haven't seen it. We won't get close to going further up the tabel until we give ourselves a serious reality check and accept where we are now.
I agree with some of this but saying were "an Ipswich or a QPR"..... no fucking way am I having that!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
if this shit carries on he won't be here another five months, let alone five years.
That's my worry as well. He is likely to get bored and put us up for sale  and that would be a nightmare.

Offline peter w

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
n

I agree with some of this but saying were "an Ipswich or a QPR"..... no fucking way am I having that!

In terms of where we as a team that's all we are.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »
Sorry peter but I'm calling bullshit on the basis that you're confusing where we are for what we are.

Where we are isn't good enough for the club and should never be something we accept.

What we are is why we're a big scalp is why our squad and management need to realise that but not be overawed by the expectation.  We need to be a big deal and know that if we play our game then teams need to be fucking brilliant to beat us.  That's what a winning mentality is, look at the England rugby team, right now they're refuse to be beaten and that belief (and a superb bench) was enough to drag them through at the weekend.  I want that attitude and accepting that we're a qpr or ipswich is not going to help.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
I think if we were called Ipswich with the squad we have, we'd be top of the league.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:08 AM »
I agree with Paul. The players need to meet the challenge of being the big club on the block and use the pride in being that as motivation for a minimum level of performance that meets those expectations.  So little old somebody is coming to Villa Park and they're all in their local bumpkin press about how it's a great arena to play, how we're such a big scalp and how they're not going to be overawed; well here we are, this is how good we are (and player for player we have far more quality than just about everyone) and here is how hard we work. Bet you wished you'd stayed in bed.

Far from meek and humble, they've got to realise what institution they're playing for and not be afraid to work hard and show what they can do, as first five minutes at Villa Park the opposition will be a lot more nervous than us, or at least they ought to be and it's on the players to not hide within themselves.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »
If we were called Ipswich and Steve Bruce was called Eddie Jones and Tommy Elphick was called Dylan Hartley we would be top of the league.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
It's all very well and good being a 'big' club if you behave like a big club. If you don't, then it can work against you. If you fail to do all the hard work and preparation, keep strong discipline, and eradicate complacency, and you're not hell-bent on winning because losing is unthinkable, you'll most likely get what smaller clubs are eager to do to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal