collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by SamTheMouse
[Today at 12:43:35 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 12:41:13 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:40:24 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 12:17:57 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by olaftab
[Today at 12:08:48 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tony's plan  (Read 6454 times)

Offline BC Villain

Re: tony's plan
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 10:33:25 PM »
Nobody knows for certain what level of carnage was left behind by Lerner and his flock of merry men.  Six years worth of damage is not going to be sorted in the space of a few months.  However, I'm confident that the owner has the right people in key positions and is also prepared to listen to the likes of Brian Little to try and get the club back to where we all want it to be.  It might take longer than we would like it and as we've seen, it won't be a smooth path.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 10:49:17 AM »
I wish I shared in the faith in Dr Tony. From what I have witnessed so far I have no grounds for it. I think he is still learning on the job.

This season seems like an acceleration of the buffoonery that has gone on before- managerial merry go round , constant turnover of players all condenced into one season.

Maybe there is a plan , I'd just like to see some evidence of it.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »
I wish I shared in the faith in Dr Tony. From what I have witnessed so far I have no grounds for it. I think he is still learning on the job.

This season seems like an acceleration of the buffoonery that has gone on before- managerial merry go round , constant turnover of players all condenced into one season.

Maybe there is a plan , I'd just like to see some evidence of it.

You honestly believe the managers and all of the players are down to him.  Why build a background set up as he has and then make all the decisions. He is picking up the bill and giving his team directions on what he wants to achieve but the detail is down to the backroom team.

I think people are confusing his comments on Twitter with the day to day running of the club.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
surely there can only be one plan for any football club
win as many games as you can or am I wrong

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
I think you have a point there.
And now he has a good boardroom structure in place with Wyness, Little and Round...plus...a better manager, fingers crossed he can wean himself off Twitter.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 08:32:49 PM »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
surely there can only be one plan for any football club
win as many games as you can or am I wrong

1. buy club
2. ?
3. win lots of games (PROFIT!!)

I think you really need to fill the gap for it to be a viable plan and that's the difficult bit.

If anyone doesn't get the reference just google underpants gnomes.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
'You honestly believe the managers and all of the players are down to him.  '

No that would be a rather nieve view. The structure that has led to more of the same is however. I repeat not much evidence of a plan so far.

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 09:50:33 AM »
I agree with passport 1. Not much sign of a plan so far. The original question stands - please could the owner tell us what the 5-10 year plan actually is.

Having said that, I don't expect it so be set in stone, and the rule of the BRitish ARmy is a good one - no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

Reality is you have to adjust to what is happening on the ground. I don't think Di Matteo did, I have more faith in Bruce. Happy to give him and Xia more time. But I still want to know what the plan is - even though they may be adapting it, as reality kicks in.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »
I agree with passport 1. Not much sign of a plan so far. The original question stands - please could the owner tell us what the 5-10 year plan actually is.

Having said that, I don't expect it so be set in stone, and the rule of the BRitish ARmy is a good one - no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

Reality is you have to adjust to what is happening on the ground. I don't think Di Matteo did, I have more faith in Bruce. Happy to give him and Xia more time. But I still want to know what the plan is - even though they may be adapting it, as reality kicks in.

the plan is to be a top 3 in the world club within 5 years isn't it? :-)

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:31 AM »
honestly, we won't get promoted this season (personally i never thought we would given the change in ownership and the fact we were abysmal last season and there has been a malaise over the last few years, it was never going to change in a few weeks) but we need to show a clear improvement between now and the end of the season and pick up momentum, have a positive summer, for a promotion push next season.

next season is key. if we don't get promoted, FFP will start to bite and it'll get a lot worse before it gets better.

Offline levico

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
One thing that is certain to me is that Dr Xia's heart is in the right place and he genuinely wants the best for our great club.

Not sure he has been advised terribly well, particularly around RDM and has player signings. Now I think he is being let down somewhat by players who ought to know better and a manager who seems to be struggling.

Anyway, early days with the current squad let's judge at the end of the season.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
If there are any signs of a plan it will become apparent longer term rather than right now.

Not sure there is much else he could have done so far other than back his new manager/s with money. If he hadn't backed Di Matteo you can be sure he would have been hammered for being a charlatan and a bullshitter. If he hadn't of backed Bruce then he would have hung him out to dry.

To be fair to him, he's stumped up the cash, there shouldn't be much spend in the summer at all, it's now down to the rest of them to start doing their jobs properly. The coaches, the manager, the assistants, all of them have got to mould together what we have instead of throwing endless cash at the problem which is sometimes a lot closer to home.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
If there are any signs of a plan it will become apparent longer term rather than right now.

Not sure there is much else he could have done so far other than back his new manager/s with money. If he hadn't backed Di Matteo you can be sure he would have been hammered for being a charlatan and a bullshitter. If he hadn't of backed Bruce then he would have hung him out to dry.

To be fair to him, he's stumped up the cash, there shouldn't be much spend in the summer at all, it's now down to the rest of them to start doing their jobs properly. The coaches, the manager, the assistants, all of them have got to mould together what we have instead of throwing endless cash at the problem which is sometimes a lot closer to home.

Agree completely with that. I think a lot of the plan also involves getting things like the academy and the scouting systems back to where they should be so as you say, the signs of that can only be visible long-term.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 04:22:20 PM »
The thing which has been most interesting in the last few months has been the feedback from the supporter forums which Amfy has attended and posted on here. It sounds like a lot of the changes being made are not immediately visible but have been necessary because of the mess the club was in before.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal