collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: tony's plan  (Read 6456 times)

Offline trevor fisher

tony's plan
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »
tony xia responded to rumour's Steve Bruce was about to be sacked with the tweet "No more s**t rumours. We  stick on our 5-10 year plan no matter how hard. The beginning is always the most difficult". If this is a confirmation Bruce is not to be sacked it is good news. He's just bought the players he asked for, so it is now down to him. He has till the end of the season at least to show he can build for promotion.

But what is the plan Mr Xia? If its over 5-10 years can we see it? And did it include sacking Di Matteo, whose appointment was I assume part of the plan? If fans are expected to back the club at a time of decline, how about letting us know what scheme is in place to make things better - please?

Online KRS

Re: tony's plan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »
I think a little patience is needed especially following the latest transfer window, and demanding to know what scheme is in place doesn't really help matters when it's pretty obvious that what needs to be done is getting these players on the training ground and give them time to develop into a team. The only scheme that is required right now is time on the training ground.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
if this shit carries on he won't be here another five months, let alone five years.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »
Pretty sure the plan did not include getting ripped apart by Brentford and comming off second best to Cardiff Wolves Forest  etc

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
I think a little patience is needed especially following the latest transfer window, and demanding to know what scheme is in place doesn't really help matters when it's pretty obvious that what needs to be done is getting these players on the training ground and give them time to develop into a team. The only scheme that is required right now is time on the training ground.

Absolutely, my concern is that I'm not sure Bruce is the right choice.  How we're playing now isn't a million miles from how Bruce's teams always play, the only real difference is that the defence is leakier than he's made it at other clubs.  When he came in I expected lots of 0-0 and 1-0 games with 75-80 minutes of keeping it tight and trying to snatch it at the end.  If he was delivering that I'd still find the lack of attacking threat frustrating in the games we didn't win but I'd accept that he was doing what he does but the pressure to show he can do more than inspire an underdog to battling victories seems to be too much for him.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
Xia can't be blamed for what's happening on the pitch currently, he's bought in 2 managers who have enjoyed a fair degree of success at this level and changed the infrastructure which has resulted in us buying up virtually a team full of players who have done well at this level, some of them very recently and some of them for big money. I'm not sure what else anyone expects him to do. Any business will have a plan for down the line, in life you can't expect it to just happen, sometimes it takes time.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 04:43:21 PM »
Hows about everybody stop pissing their pants and give the owner, management and team chance to get things right.

He has been here less than four months and had 3 games to get a virtually brand new team playing together. Its only my opinion but i think going up this season would have been too early based on the mess the club was in. I dont want to be a yoyo club who's aim is to avoid relegation and finish above the albion

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »
Hows about everybody stop pissing their pants and give the owner, management and team chance to get things right.

He has been here less than four months and had 3 games to get a virtually brand new team playing together. Its only my opinion but i think going up this season would have been too early based on the mess the club was in. I dont want to be a yoyo club who's aim is to avoid relegation and finish above the albion

Agree 100%

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »

Far too sensible

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
Though it's our team to love, to both delight in and to cry with, Dr Tony owns the business. We have no right to make any demands. Currently I am simply grateful that he has given us some hope. And it appears to be costing him a bit more than pocket money.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 05:40:12 PM »
Which is the most worrying aspect. Significant funds have been invested for little return, at present. There's no such thing in business as a free lunch - sooner rather than later, the good Doctor is going to demand success.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »
As always Mr U.  Right on the button.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 06:19:15 PM »

Agree 100%

Me too. Far too much impatience nowadays. I think we can all agree Lambert was here too long. Bruce's has not been here long enough.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 06:29:06 PM »

Agree 100%

Me too. Far too much impatience nowadays. I think we can all agree Lambert was here too long. Bruce's has not been here long enough.
He needs at least the rest of this season to sort the players he now has into an effective team. If we weren't all so passionate about our club, I'm sure we'd see it as an interesting project!!!!

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »

Couldn't agree more - we need stability in this league before we even think of going up - a preseason where we get these players physically fit would be a start - these 15/16 games are about getting a style sorted & giving us a few goals to watch.

I'm going to say it, I enjoy the Championship - virtually every game has been competitive unlike the one sided bullyings last season.  When (not if) we go up I want it to be to give it a go not play cannon fodder again!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal