collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Another Press-inspired title  (Read 2170 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline ldavfc4eva

Re: Another Press-inspired title
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »
Well written piece as always Dave, whether the formation works remains to be seen. If it works half as well as it did under Sir Brian's reign we are in for a positive end to the season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 07:28:11 AM »
You know Corky Dave?

Offline Boz

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »
I think you summed 3.5.2 up with "can be useful in the short-term although its most effective use was twenty years ago".

It seems Bruce is just another traditional style manager, no flair or charisma, just plain vanilla that is slightly off. He's bought some potentially good players but not using them in the roles they gained their reputations from at previous clubs. I presume he thinks he knows better. Whatever they do at Bodymoor Heath, it doesn't seem to have much to do about hard work, pressure when the other team's on the ball and accurate passing. His reputation for getting teams promoted is looking a bit worn, along with Big Sam's "I've never been relegated".

Bruce should have until the end of the season to turn this team of potential promotion into a real one for next season, but if results remain as they are until the season's end, Dr X has to bite the bullet and find a younger new ideas manager. They do exist as other teams are demonstrating, usually against Villa.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
Good read Dave.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
I certainly agree with your comment about playing for 90 minutes. Against Brentford we just gave up and against Forest, despite our decent chances in the 2nd half (Elphick, Hogan), we let the opposition take the initiative even before the sending-off. In neither game did we remotely look like scoring in the later stages.

Offline HoratioHornblower

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
i wasn't expecting the welcoming commitee on Saturday morn Dave  :D , but always nice to see a familiar face!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal