collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sammy Morgan - a request  (Read 9536 times)

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
Re: Sammy Morgan - a request
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:34 PM »
carl
theres a nice patch of green in between trinity road and wiiton lane that would make a nice setting for sammys garden party

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »
Cheers Dave - I'd forgotten about Sportsnight (with Coleman) being on a Wednesday night at 9.25pm after the 9.00pm news on BBC1.

I remember the first game being on ITV, so was the replay on Sportsnight ?

Following on that famous win - anyone else remember going to Burnley (then a top side in the old first division) for the 5th Round ?

I think by 1974 Sportsnight with Coleman had metamorphosed into Sportsnight with Gubba.

Offline Carl

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
He did indeed finish his teacher training and worked for many years in a local high school before running Norwich City and Ipswich Town academies.
Did loads of work with youngsters in football and gave a lot back to the local community.

Was there at Highbury on the Bob Wilson dying swan act he went on the ground and then looked up to see if ref was watching and then proceeded to be poleaxed. The return game at home Bob Wilson got pilloried & booed mercilessly I think the ref was Clive Thomas but remember Sammy as a good pro, think his song was 6 foot 2 eyes of  Blue Sammy Morgan's after you la la la la la la la la la
Thought he used to be a teacher.!
He went to teacher training college in Nottingham with my sister-in-law, but I don't know if he finished the course or not, nor whether he actually got a teaching job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal