collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269607 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #1275 on: October 17, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »
It's a shame.  He has a massive opportunity and you would have expected him to be busting a gut to catch Smith's eye.

To be fair, Smith will base his decisions more on what he sees in training than a sub appearance for the ROI.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1276 on: October 17, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
It's a shame.  He has a massive opportunity and you would have expected him to be busting a gut to catch Smith's eye.

To be fair, Smith will base his decisions more on what he sees in training than a sub appearance for the ROI.
He'll base it on everything he sees and a fizzing performance for Ireland would have surely helped his case more than one that lead people to question his attitude?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1277 on: October 17, 2018, 12:42:07 PM »
It was a fifteen minute cameo for an incredibly limited international team and he won't exactly be sharp from match practice. Let him work with Deano and come Christmas he'll have won us a few points with winning goals, no sweat.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1278 on: October 17, 2018, 01:14:10 PM »
It was a fifteen minute cameo for an incredibly limited international team and he won't exactly be sharp from match practice. Let him work with Deano and come Christmas he'll have won us a few points with winning goals, no sweat.

Looked to be carrying a bit of timber too

As for MONs Ireland 😫

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1279 on: October 17, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
Hogan isn’t going to just walk into our side. And I’m sure just because his former boss is the new one he’s not expecting to. He’ll have to prove himself. But like many players in our squad he’s been underperforming under a useless lump who never gave him a chance based on the “tactics” employed. That will change now. It’s up to Hogan (and the others) to make the most of it.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1280 on: October 17, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
Agree, TV. Unless Smith decides we've not got the necessary tools to set up to suit Hogan, I have no doubt that we'll set up to suit Hogan. That's how Smith plays, it's how we'll play. It's why we bought Hogan, time to get our money's worth.

Over to you, Scott...

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1281 on: October 25, 2018, 10:29:11 PM »
Smithy said about Hogan vs Norwich "that he never got the service"

"We never really got the ball down the side of the centre backs which would have been really ideal for Scottie. He made some really good runs that we didn't quite see"

I put that down to the inept Hourihane who fails in forward passing.
Whelan there to screen and move on the ball
Whereas Hourihane is the more progressive ball playing midfielder supposedly ,but fails to do this.

Grealish too was not making thru balls or passing quick enough to Hogan's runs.

"Though in hindsight kodjia would have been better option "

Smithy assessing things but he got that one wrong playing Hogan  .

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1282 on: October 26, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Two words - Get. Rid.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1283 on: October 26, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
"Scott's not bad at all at linking things up." Oh Dean....

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1284 on: October 26, 2018, 01:41:49 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see how he gets on now Smith is here so i'd give him a bit more time but he picks up too many injuries for my liking.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1285 on: October 26, 2018, 07:01:57 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see how he gets on now Smith is here so i'd give him a bit more time but he picks up too many injuries for my liking.

As we should have known when we signed him.He had two half seasons at Rochdale and Brentford combined and and was often injured during his time at both clubs

I just dont know what he is good at

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1286 on: October 26, 2018, 07:46:08 PM »

As we should have known when we signed him.He had two half seasons at Rochdale and Brentford combined and and was often injured during his time at both clubs

I just dont know what he is good at

Well he scored 21 goals in 33 games in this division under our current manager so let's not write him off just yet.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1287 on: October 26, 2018, 08:49:49 PM »
Big problem is his confidence is shot after two years of Bruceball.

I imagine Dean has already seen in training that this is completely different to the confidence he was showing in his year at Brentford.

Would love to be proven wrong but I don't see it happening for him here like McCormack who won't be getting another chance even with the change of manager.

As we've found to our cost over last 20 years once a striker loses his goalscoring touch here they rarely get it back. I can only really think of Dublin who had a couple of lean seasons and then had a prolific season before he finished his career here in defence.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1288 on: October 26, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
I think he might have had more joy than Abraham did tonight, The ball was largely on the deck and QPR didn't have any brick shithouses. Apart from the concourse at the School End.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »
Should defo be given chance to play .
Abrahams blocked his path with Smith insistence on one central striker

Now I have confidence scottie can close down and press from front
He got a few bookings for his enthusiastic tackling !

But it's his confidence in scoring and finishing chances
Also him remaining injury free.

With him and Kodjia they have had a sad time with some injuries 2019 can be a new successful chapter.

The most pleasing thing Is he has worked with Smith and that he should get opportunity.

Also his thread should get more comment this year !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal