collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players to go??????  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Players to go??????
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
The difference is Grealish clearly has lots of raw talent, whereas Westwood has never shown anything other than being able to run around a lot and 'keep the ball moving'. Let's be honest, he can barely kick the thing. Let him drop to his natural level, League One, without us.

I don't disagree at all Jimbo, but keep him until an improvement comes along

Westwood, whenever he has played has put a shift in,unlike Richards who hasn't  been known to run around

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 01:09:30 AM »
It would be great if we could flog and get a fee for some of our loan players - Gil, Sanchez, Verertout.  There must be £7-£10m locked up in those three.

Flog McCormack - if we can get more than £7m for him that would be a result.

Westwood, Tshibola and Gardner - at least 2 of those are surplus to requirements now.

Richards if we can get anything for him

I doubt we can shift Agbonlahor unfortunately.

I wouldn't be displeased if Ayew left, if we could replace him with a decent striker/attacking midfielder.

To have a rounded squad, we'd need a back-up left back, a back-up centre back (or Toner if he's ready), and a striker, as we're fucked if Kodjia gets injured/suspended. 

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »
Gabby - end of season.
Hutton - end of season.
McCormack - loan before end of this window.
Westwood - to Wolves this window.
Richards - end of season.
not sure when most of those players' contracts are up apart from Gabby, but I can't see any of them moving voluntarily due to the money they'll be losing out on by moving to inevitably lesser paying clubs. I suppose that's what the parachute payment was designed for. Maybe Westwood would go possibly.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:11 AM »
Atlanta of the MLS signed Guzan - flog the rest of the twats this way!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 02:17:48 AM »
Hutton and Kozak are the ones up this summer.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2017, 05:23:12 AM »

Gabby
Richards
Hutton
McCormack
Westwood

take yer pick!

Christ, what list - prospective clubs form an orderly queue.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
This window, I think Ayew and McCormack may go. RHM will stay and make an important contribution in the final 15 games.
In the summer, we'll see the last of the deadwood get swept away.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 08:15:52 AM »
The difference is Grealish clearly has lots of raw talent, whereas Westwood has never shown anything other than being able to run around a lot and 'keep the ball moving'. Let's be honest, he can barely kick the thing. Let him drop to his natural level, League One, without us.

Westwood, whenever he has played has put a shift in,unlike Richards who hasn't  been known to run around

This is very true. When it comes to running around, Westwood is the leader in the field.

I can't believe some would sooner see Ayew shifted out, a player who can actually kick a football.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »

Westwood / shift that is from a parallel universe. the bloke is tripe, last Saturday he did what? for their second goal where was he , BEHIND THE DEFENCE!!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
It would be great if we could flog and get a fee for some of our loan players - Gil, Sanchez, Verertout.  There must be £7-£10m locked up in those three.

Flog McCormack - if we can get more than £7m for him that would be a result.

Westwood, Tshibola and Gardner - at least 2 of those are surplus to requirements now.

Richards if we can get anything for him

I doubt we can shift Agbonlahor unfortunately.

I wouldn't be displeased if Ayew left, if we could replace him with a decent striker/attacking midfielder.

To have a rounded squad, we'd need a back-up left back, a back-up centre back (or Toner if he's ready), and a striker, as we're fucked if Kodjia gets injured/suspended. 

No way Tshibola! Far too early. Still very young and raw but lots of potential.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »

This is very true. When it comes to running around, Westwood is the leader in the field.

I can't believe some would sooner see Ayew shifted out, a player who can actually kick a football.

I just don't think Bruce particularly rates him. If he won't play much then we might as well switch him for someone who will get a regular game.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 08:30:57 AM »
Micah to a second tier club in the American Colonies

I think that Pointy will want to go somewhere and play regularly

I think that McCafu will start ahead of Bree for the rest of the season. If RDL's recovery is progressing ok, I expect that Hutton will leave in the summer. However, if RDL won't be back for the start of next season, I can see McCafu getting a one year extension (and then heading to Rangers).

Tish & RHM to go out on loan

GG to stay as backup but then be sold in the summer

The one I'd try to cash in on is Ayew. He's just a glorified Zog to me

Can't see anyone wanting RM and Gabby seems to be getting (or at lease Steve thinks that he's getting) his act together.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:15:34 AM by UK Redsox »

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Like Grealish, I'd like to see what Ayew can do with decent players around him. He was our best player last season (not difficult, but he showed signs of what he could be) and this season he's been playing in a very unsettled side. I'd keep him for now.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
Like Grealish, I'd like to see what Ayew can do with decent players around him. He was our best player last season (not difficult, but he showed signs of what he could be) and this season he's been playing in a very unsettled side. I'd keep him for now.
Yep, a shame to lose players of this quality just as we start to (hopefully) develop a better functioning team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal