collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birkir Bjarnason - Released  (Read 135078 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Birkir Bjarnason - SIGNED
« Reply #750 on: June 21, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
Lansbury had scored 6 in 19 at the time we signed him. He was a former Arsenal player, playing a division down but had been a good creative player scoring and creating chances, which is what many wanted us to go for.

Whelan was slow, but given Jedinak had time out due to age and injury, and the number of games we were faced with, it seemed sensible if unimaginative.

I think Lansbury was also Forest's star man for a few seasons

Forest fans were not fond of him at all.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #751 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »
Lansbury certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as I expected. On his debut he showed a good touch and pass and I assumed he'd chip in with goals like Hourihane has.

Pretty much amounted to nothing and will certainly be on a big wage here so he's another problem player in the squad.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #752 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:13 AM »
Lansbury certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as I expected. On his debut he showed a good touch and pass and I assumed he'd chip in with goals like Hourihane has.

Pretty much amounted to nothing and will certainly be on a big wage here so he's another problem player in the squad.

He's the one i never fancied from the off. I'dseen all the highlights, and in the flesh for Forest a few times but i was never that impressed. Very much an all fart and no shit player.

Offline steamer

« Reply #753 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
At the time he signed for us, I read an article by Kenny Burns (I also did not know that he could read and write) who said basically that Lansbury was a tosser and would not be missed.
At the time I thought, sour grapes.
Maybe not.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #754 on: June 22, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »
At the time he signed for us, I read an article by Kenny Burns (I also did not know that he could read and write) who said basically that Lansbury was a tosser and would not be missed.
Maybe not.

Ah, Mr Burns whose greatest achievement for the rags was flicking the V's at the Holte End. Flat faced prat.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #755 on: June 22, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
Maybe not.

Ah, Mr Burns whose greatest achievement for the rags was flicking the V's at the Holte End. Flat faced prat.

Didn’t Kenny Burns once do a shit in the house of a poster on here? Can’t believe I’d dream such a thing.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #756 on: June 22, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »
I thought he looked a right ****** when I saw the video of his initiation song, and have pretty much kept that view since. Maybe I'm quick to judge.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #757 on: June 22, 2018, 12:45:06 PM »
Ange's best game for us was his debut 60 minutes when he wasn't fit. Since then he's looked like someone who doesn't know what football is.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #758 on: June 22, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
I thought he looked a right c*** when I saw the video of his initiation song, and have pretty much kept that view since. Maybe I'm quick to judge.

Yes you are.  However, I'd say you were bang on the money in this instance.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #759 on: June 22, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
Maybe not.

I know a few forest fans who said similar, they played a big part in why i thought he was a poor signing. The main feedback was that he'd do something good (score a goal for example) and then strut around like he was doing them a favour playing for them for the next game or 2.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #760 on: June 22, 2018, 08:24:28 PM »
Maybe not.

Didn’t Kenny Burns once do a shit in the house of a poster on here? Can’t believe I’d dream such a thing.

My friend’s parents house

Offline Damo70

« Reply #761 on: June 22, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
Maybe not.

My friend’s parents house

Kenny Burns son used to bet in the betting shop I managed in Alum Rock. There is a reasonably chance he once took a shit in the toilets there.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #762 on: June 22, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
I would have heard that Henri has a very active social life  which could well impinge on his ability to play football to a high standard. Mind you even without these distractions I still think he was useless.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #763 on: June 23, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
Certainly should have been rotated with Hourihane who did pretty close t fuck all in the latter part of the season.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #764 on: June 23, 2018, 07:56:33 PM »
I used to teach Kenny Burns's son.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal