collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: James Bree (Signed for Luton Town)  (Read 58525 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: James Bree - CONFIRMED
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »

What i was clearly getting at is people had already written him off as shit before he'd even kicked a ball.

It's a weird thing some folks have with certain players. And no matter how good/average they may be they will never change their minds and nothing pleases them more than when said player/manager has a bad game or result. It's bizarre to me.

Any player that comes you want to do well surely? you don't pile into them before they've even started. The Nyland thread is another classic example.

Whereas, for me Alan Hutton is one of the worst footballers i've ever seen in the shirt. That wasn't an opinion based without seeing him kick a ball for us, it's been based on having to see him kick one way too often.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:38:37 PM by sirlordbaltimore »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »

What i was clearly getting at is people had already written him off as shit before he'd even kicked a ball.

It's a weird thing some folks have with certain players. And no matter how good/average they may be they will never change their minds and nothing pleases them more than when said player/manager has a bad game or result. It's bizarre to me.

Any player that comes you want to do well surely? you don't pile into them before they've even started. The Nyland thread is another classic example.

Whereas, for me Alan Hutton is one of the worst footballers i've ever seen in the shirt. That wasn't an opinion based without seeing him kick a ball for us, it's been base don having to see him kick one way too often.

and what I was clearly getting at is that those people were right. Wrapping it up in hyperbolic bullshit like 'nothing please them more than when said player has a bad game' just shows how flimsy your point is. No one on this forum is happy when we play badly/lose games, it's just that some people can see things they don't like and they point them out. I thought Taylor was a poor signing because he'd never been all that great and we signed him when he hadn't really recovered from a major injury. What's happened since has made it clear that my judgement of him was correct and he was a very poor signing, that doesn't mean I want him to be shit, it just means I thought he would be.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »
No one on this forum is happy when we play badly/lose games

I think we ALL know people that do actually. Loads of folks can't wait to come on after a loss to lay into Bruce but wont come on and say anything positive about him if we win. You even had folks wanting us to lose recent games to get him out. They may not have said it in so many words but we know that was the case. I'll never understand that, and that's fine. We all have our own ways.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
No one on this forum is happy when we play badly/lose games

I think we ALL know people that do actually. Loads of folks can't wait to come on after a loss to lay into Bruce but wont come on and say anything positive about him if we win. You even had folks wanting us to lose recent games to get him out. They may not have said it in so many words but we know that was the case. I'll never understand that, and that's fine. We all have our own ways.

No we don't, you think you do.  Even people who were saying that take a defeat if it meant Bruce going weren't saying it because they'd be happy to see us lose, they were saying it because they don't think we'll get anywhere with Bruce and they'd rather get him out quickly. That's a very different thing to what you're suggesting.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »
The link started on the page of his first game for us. I went through a few dozen pages and there were about half a dozen positive comments. No matter how much you want it to be just people writing him off before a ball was kicked it was people saying he wasn't very good when he started kicking a ball for us.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »
Where is Bree? Totally out of the 18.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »
I've no idea where he is ..... but wherever it is I bet he is really cheesed off

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »
How did he do in the Swansea game?

Deserves a run in the team?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »
Sure does,.been waiting nigh-on two years, it's time l

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2018, 04:29:33 PM »
I thought he has done ok both games, it’s what is at the side and in front of him that is the problem.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »
I thought he was decent

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »
He was decent. Didn’t notice him for most of the game which is a good thing.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
I’ll be delighted once we can see him at RB instead of Elmo, who is in dreadful form.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
Seems a very obvious change to make now Elphick is back in the building.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »
Taylor Chester Elphick and Bree in front of the new man mountain wouldn't be the worst defensive line up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal