collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: James Bree (Signed for Luton Town)  (Read 58522 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: James Bree - CONFIRMED
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2018, 10:10:57 PM »
I like him. Good delivery, quick, big lad and hopefully with more game time and experience he will get better and better.

He had a real stinker when he started against Brentford (I think) and that set him back.  He had looked good coming on in games before that, but wasn’t seen for ages after it. 

Offline 260475

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
Did well in the Cardiff Home game I saw, nice and solid, developing in time.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2018, 10:33:02 PM »
Exactly the kind of player we need to be looking to now - the future.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
Did well in the Boro second leg, and I'd have played him in the final, too.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:31 PM »
Bree is the poster boy of making use of what we have. He is a player, who if he plays week in week out, I’m convinced is going to be a fine player.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2018, 11:46:05 PM »
He was brought in last xmas he should of been blooded in when it was clear any promotion that season was over , instead he never played and has continued to be on the edges of the squad

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »
yep, we've had 2 seasons of ignoring young players for the promotion certainty. Now they're probably gonna have to sink or swim instead of being eased in over time.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »
I like him. Good delivery, quick, big lad and hopefully with more game time and experience he will get better and better.

He had a real stinker when he started against Brentford (I think) and that set him back.  He had looked good coming on in games before that, but wasn’t seen for ages after it. 

I think when Bruce spoke about players that were struggling to deal with what it takes to play for a club as big as Aston Villa, Bree was probably one on them. Interesting to Frank Lampard's comments today about the different managers he worked with. Mourinho wasn't about tactics or improving his game, it was about confidence. Bree is still very young but if we can rebuild his confidence, which is always tricky for a full back at Villa Park, we may just have a more then decent player on our hands.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2018, 01:44:48 AM »

I think when Bruce spoke about players that were struggling to deal with what it takes to play for a club as big as Aston Villa, Bree was probably one on them. Interesting to Frank Lampard's comments today about the different managers he worked with. Mourinho wasn't about tactics or improving his game, it was about confidence. Bree is still very young but if we can rebuild his confidence, which is always tricky for a full back at Villa Park, we may just have a more then decent player on our hands.

Agree and I think the Brentford game was a case of having an off day at the wrong time.  As I said, I thought he had looked good coming on in games leading up to that one, with Bristol City being a particularly impressive performance.  It seemed he was al, geared to take the spot and make it his own, but the Brentford game was a set back for him. 

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2018, 10:30:19 AM »
It would be interesting to see him as a wing back with a back three.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2018, 08:19:12 AM »
Will he ever get much opportunity to play .
A few pittful minutes for him
Even try him out at centre back just get him on pitch

I mean the imbalance of having right back galore makes difficult.

I wonder if it was a case of being recommended other than Bruce fancying him as his stats were good for barnsley and on paper he was a good signing.

Similar with Lansbury , Hogan , McCormack (and hourihane, Kodija)  RDL and Bjarnasson too probably touted and maybe that's why he has issue with playing them.

Whelan , Jedinak and Elmo his sort of boys 

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
Bree desperately needs to go on loan now. He's not developing with us, for whatever reason, and is in serious danger of going backwards if he doesn't play regular football this season.  He's quite clearly behind Hutton, Elmohamady, Taylor, Tuanzebe and De Laet in the full-back pecking-order and, even if De Laet leaves on loan it's only going to be injury/injuries to the others that will open the door for him.

I think Hutton's renaissance has really hindered Bree and Bruce needs act sooner rather than later with this one, or risk having another expensive Villa flop on his hands.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2018, 08:36:13 AM »
Bree desperately needs to go on loan now. He's not developing with us, for whatever reason, and is in serious danger of going backwards if he doesn't play regular football this season.  He's quite clearly behind Hutton, Elmohamady, Taylor, Tuanzebe and De Laet in the full-back pecking-order and, even if De Laet leaves on loan it's only going to be injury/injuries to the others that will open the door for him.

I think Hutton's renaissance has really hindered Bree and Bruce needs act sooner rather than later with this one, or risk having another expensive Villa flop on his hands.

The reason is the consistency of Hutton . The love of Elmo and then RDL ! And even Axel Tuanzebe

Bruce hasn't given him a fair go can only imagine he feels hes too young . Yet he has Tuanzebe and will be interested how he handles his game time

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
He simply has to be loaned out

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2018, 09:40:59 AM »
Indeed.  He's no older than any of the kids that came through the youth system here, so shouldn't be treated any differently just because he was actually purchased.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal