collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Haddon  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Bernie

• king of celebrity deathwatch
  • GM : 30.01.2025
Gary Haddon
« on: January 17, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
I heard today via Facebook etc of Gary's passing. I knew Gary mainly from the mid-70's to the mid-80's when I stopped going regularly to matches.
A Villa fan through & through, his knowledge of the club was second to none, as was his capacity for moaning about how things were not being done right.
He was a man of firm views but has no real malice in him, and was one of the kindest, funniest people you could hope to meet.
There will be others who knew him much better than I, hopefully some anecdotes will appear.
RIP Gary, the world will be a poorer and less interesting place without you.

Offline pbavfckuwait

Re: Gary Haddon
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
Yeah Deano posted about it this morning, RIP Gary HEITS

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
RIP.

Offline steamer

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »
Bernie, a great description of Gary.
I had the pleasure of travelling around the country in the mid 70,s with Gary.
Roscoe, Miffy, Bootsie and Johnny Britton all came from the Eastern Side of the city.
Gary had a fantastic dry humor and a sense of fatalism.
When we persuaded him to take of his Sheepskin coat on Holiday in Newquay  he knew he would get sun stroke, and he did.
Coming out of the ground in Istanbul he was convinced "we were doomed" a little poke in the back had him jumping in the air, Im stabbed, Im stabbed.
Some legendry tales about Gary.
We lost touch for about 30 years.
In April I came to the UK for my 60th. We all met up in the Windsor, Gary came to see me.
Sorry I am a bit teary, you never missed buying your round even if you insisted "No extras" lime or lemonade dash.
Buy Bootsie a pint, I am going to go and have a couple and scratch the memory bank.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »
He was one of the hardy few that went to besiktas .I didn't know him as well as some of the other older fellas .But used to see him in the Hole in the wall and Windsor .  Always decent RIP mate unfortunatly there is quite a few of lads who will be still on training wings upstairs so he will be in good company

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
I knew Gary, not really to talk to but still saddened to read this tragic news.  RIP.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »
Knew him through the famous 3 Dave, nick and Clive was on the UEFA cup trip with Alan cox he was on the same floor as us in the hotel. Amazing that trip cost something like £ 70

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal