collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Nicholl  (Read 5810 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Chris Nicholl
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 10:34:01 PM »
Was going to show a screenshot proving that he's way more than 25 yards out but this new website that H&V is using to post pictures is shite. Doesn't seem to be anyway of uploading pictures from a phone.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »
Nothing but happy memories of Chris.

Back then you never gave a thought to the damage the game did to them, and for rewards, though far more than I ever expected, pale into insignificance in comparison to even failed journeymen these days.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago at vp, such a nice bloke and still best mates with ray graydon

i asked him about that goal and his answer was 45 yards

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago at vp, such a nice bloke and still best mates with ray graydon

Yeah I met him down VP with Gary Shaw and I also asked him about that goal and he told me it was 45 yards.........must of measured it methinks

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »

Yeah I met him down VP with Gary Shaw and I also asked him about that goal and he told me it was 45 yards.........must of measured it methinks

Must have done and who can blame him!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »
Not sure how this got under the radar, probably coinciding with the death of Graham Taylor but this left me feeling really sad:

Nicholl has invited Sportsmail to his one-bedroom flat in the Midlands, where he lives alone, so he can relive the highlights. 'Sorry it's messy,' he says. 'There's not much room in here.'

A carpeted staircase leading from the entrance has baseball caps full of DIY paraphernalia on random steps. Off the landing are a bathroom and bedroom and the main kitchen-living room, which we enter.

Inside, a small old-fashioned electric heater, with light shimmering behind fake flaming logs, warms the cramped room. Stuff is everywhere. A laminated 2005 Moor Hall Golf Club Millennium Trophy winner certificate sits on the mantelpiece, alongside a black and white photograph of himself as a child and one in colour of his daughter at school.

'I'm divorced,' he says, then jokes: 'No-one will have me now!'

A long cardboard box in the middle of the room acts as a coffee table and is piled high, so Nicholl pulls out a wooden stool to put the laptop in front of his black two-man sofa. We sit back and click play.

After a full professional playing career and a 6 year spell as Manager of Southampton, I'd have thought he'd have had a few bob. Apart from being a great player for us, he's a lovely bloke. I really do wish him the best.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 09:32:37 PM »
The Oldham game was 5-0, with the great Brian scoring his first Villa hat-trick.

Offline nigel

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
The Oldham game was 5-0, with the great Brian scoring his first Villa hat-trick.

Yes.
I posted and corrected myself on the 'Andy Lochhead' thread, too.
It also turned out he was a substitute, not a manager. So my memory really let me down  ;D

Offline croatian

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
So bloody sad.....

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 10:46:40 PM »
Something has gone awry when you see Chris Nicholl struggling and a non entity like JLlloyd Samuel displaying his wealth on MTV Cribs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal