collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Shaun Teale  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Shaun Teale
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:48:05 PM »
The man is Villa through and through, cut him with a knife and he'd bleed claret and blue. On his Facebook page he's slagging off Danny Murphy after yesterday's analysis. Legend. Him and McGrath were the best defensive partner ship in my time supporting the Villa. Legend!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Shaun Teale
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »
Still remember the smile on his face when he scored against Tranmere

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:45:28 PM »
Great stuff from Villa legend - though his earlier comments about Amavi being a liability I don't agree with. Still a kid, why undermine his confidence?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:03:52 AM »
The man is Villa through and through, cut him with a knife and he'd bleed claret and blue. On his Facebook page he's slagging off Danny Murphy after yesterday's analysis. Legend. Him and McGrath were the best defensive partner ship in my time supporting the Villa. Legend!

I agree they were fantastic as a defensive partnership but I would have to call it a draw between those two and Evans and McNaught. How the hell Willie Miller, Alex McLeish, Kenny Burns and Alan 'sicknote when it came international call ups' Hansen won so many caps and a defensive partnership that won the title and the European cup won three caps and zero caps is unbelievable. In a the same way to how people question how Glenn Hoddle only won about fifty England caps but don't question how Gordon Cowans only won about ten.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »

I agree they were fantastic as a defensive partnership but I would have to call it a draw between those two and Evans and McNaught. How the hell Willie Miller, Alex McLeish, Kenny Burns and Alan 'sicknote when it came international call ups' Hansen won so many caps and a defensive partnership that won the title and the European cup won three caps and zero caps is unbelievable. In a the same way to how people question how Glenn Hoddle only won about fifty England caps but don't question how Gordon Cowans only won about ten.

It is amazing that the European cup winning team could have three Scots in it none of which became regulars in the national team. However, Scotland had a wealth of talent at this time, probably above any other British team. Remember Evans started in the match against New Zealand in the 1982 World Cup (5-2 to Scotland). He was at fault for one of the goals as I remember (Scotland didn't go through on goal difference) and was then dropped.
These were very good players

Offline castlefields_villan

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »

It is amazing that the European cup winning team could have three Scots in it none of which became regulars in the national team. However, Scotland had a wealth of talent at this time, probably above any other British team. Remember Evans started in the match against New Zealand in the 1982 World Cup (5-2 to Scotland). He was at fault for one of the goals as I remember (Scotland didn't go through on goal difference) and was then dropped.
These were very good players

Ultimately, it was those conceded to NZ that cost them - I remember that 2-2 draw against Russia - and particularly Russia's second goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal