collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Travel problems in London on Sunday  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Dominic22

Travel problems in London on Sunday
« on: January 06, 2017, 01:06:56 PM »
Not sure what others are doing but suggestions welcome....

Looks like there is no underground from 6pm.... I assume quite a lot have pre-booked trains etc, it seems a bit late to notify us all... as this is the first time I have heard this...
https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/06/tottenham-v-villa-travel-info
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:15:07 PM by Dominic22 »

Offline hipkiss92

Re: Travel problems in London on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
There are also no trains running from Northampton to London on Sunday, so may affect London Midland services through there.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
Where do you need to get to, Dominic?

For anyone travelling down this weekend, can I suggest the smartphone app 'citymapper'. Use it on a daily basis for my travels in and around London for site visits. And it's saved me on many a drunken escapade.

The usual train from WHL station to Liverpool Street will be operating, then I guess for many it's a case of getting to the likes of Euston / Kings Cross / Marylebone, etc.?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
Looks like about a 45 minute walk from Liverpool Street to Kings Cross

Offline Dominic22

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »

For anyone travelling down this weekend, can I suggest the smartphone app 'citymapper'. Use it on a daily basis for my travels in and around London for site visits. And it's saved me on many a drunken escapade.

The usual train from WHL station to Liverpool Street will be operating, then I guess for many it's a case of getting to the likes of Euston / Kings Cross / Marylebone, etc.?

I was going to go drive to a tube stop off the M40 but  if need be can drive further into London but no idea where...  Moor street to London seems seems a pain now as getting back to Marylebone could be a problem, which is what I used for QPR.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »

I was going to go drive to a tube stop off the M40 but  if need be can drive further into London but no idea where...  Moor street to London seems seems a pain now as getting back to Marylebone could be a problem, which is what I used for QPR.

White Hart Lane to Liverpool Street by train, then the 205 bus calls at Euston and Marylebone.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »

White Hart Lane to Liverpool Street by train, then the 205 bus calls at Euston and Marylebone.

Good option for those needing Kings Cross / St Pancras as well.

If you're willing to drive around the North Circular Dominic, you could park on the overground line at Enfield Town / Edmonton Green and get the overground towards Liverpool Street / Seven Sisters stopping at White Hart Lane station. Then repeat the journey backwards after the game!

Also seen that others have suggested IKEA Tottenham or North Middlesex Hospital - both off the North Circular; the former a 35 minute walk from WHL, the latter under 25 minutes.

Offline Kingthing

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »
another option is if you don't want to park up off the a40 or west London then bus it across to Tottenham come down the m1 then junction 25 off the m25. park up at cheshunt station then its about 45 min overground to bruce grove which is about a 15 minute walk down Tottenham high road to the ground.

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »
If you park up at Cheshunt Station off the M25 you can also catch an overground train to Northumberland Park, a ten minute rail journey and then ten minutes on foot along Park Lane. Trains leave Cheshunt at 44 minutes past the hour every hour on a sunday (I think).

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
I don't think trains are running from cheshunt tomorrow

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

Unless they were just popping out for a 5 Guys I think we can safely say it's still on....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38542991

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »

That's me sorted, cheers Dave.

Offline Chris87

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »
I had (and still have) a return ticket for a specific train out of Euston after the match. However, I have hedged my bets and bought an off peak return for £20 just in case I miss it. Might be a waste, but missing my train and having to buy a ticket just before travelling could be very expensive.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
We share our building with HMRC, T-mobile, Tom Tom and most notably, Acas. So when I went into the office yesterday afternoon to finish some things off, with a TV camera and reporter outside and the Acas sign-in book open on the desk, I should have stormed in to their meeting and told them of the troubles they were creating for 35000 football fans!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal