collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RHM  (Read 74440 times)

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

Re: RHM
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »
I'd like to have seen more of him last season and this, but fuck him. He seems a decent prospect but he's 18, done sod all so far and is only on the first rug of the ladder. Bit early in your career to be thinking above your station.

Bit harsh to carpet him like that?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
Bollocks, I mat have known my typo could lead to another punathon.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 09:23:17 AM »
He'd be mental to turn us down for Zombie Rangers. If he's going to go, so be it. I'd have liked to have seen him involved more by now but there's no point in planning for the future if he's not going to be part of it. Decent decision by Bruce.
do one you Smelltic fan WATP

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »
Fringe player who needs whipping into shape.

Offline john2710

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
I think it's clear he's not going to sign, time to move on & forget about him. He's probably using our offer to squeeze more out of other clubs.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
first rug of the ladder.

He's going to get carpeted for this behaviour.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
If we lose him I shall be very disappointed.  Just like I was disappointed to lose Marc Albrighton and  Adama Traore both discarded by us but adding ability to teams well above us.  A club that buys "ready made" players like McCormack, Elphick and Gestede has very little room to follow a hard line financial policy towards emerging young players.  I have followed RHM's career closely.  He would walk into a lower half Premiership side.  I am not suggesting a money is no object attitude to him or anybody else, just an across the board attitude to player value.  The use of the team sheet to whip players into line is a very crude instrument that often provokes intransigence. See Tshibola.

I was disappointed to see Adama go, but he wanted to leave. Marc Albrighton was offered £35K a week at Leicester, which meant he was always going to leave. RHM is refusing to sign a contract that would make him the best paid academy player. I don't think this is an issue with Villa not trying to retain talent.

Sounds to me like RHM has just got too big for his boots.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »
It would appear that he has little intention of signing the contract offer ........ so from the managers point why play him when in few months he is gone

Seems like he wants to play simply to put himself in the shop window to earn a contract elsewhere

Maybe its fuelled by his agent and thats the problem with football today ...how many of the England 66 team had agents at the time? I am guessing none

As the manager has said sign or you are not part of first team squad - I have no problem with that

Offline teamvillage

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
If we thought he was going to substantially help us this season, we'd be playing him, regardless of the contract position. Presumably we've no intention of developing him for another club to benefit.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »
Bollocks, I mat have known my typo could lead to another punathon.

Yes, another one to add to the pile.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »
There's a huge amonut of assumptions here.  It could be as simple as looking at the list of forwards in the squad, seeing a lot of them play badly and still get picked and realise that we've got no intention of giving him a chance.

I hate that whenever a youing player doesn't sign a new contract there's loads of posts on here about 'bad agents', 'poorly advised', 'too big for his boots'.  No one on here knows why he's not signed or what we and other clubs are offering him.  A big part of the reason so many of our youth players don't reach their potential is that we fuck up the integration in the first team.  If RHM does leave I'm putting it down to that same mistake.

Offline peter w

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »
So you start by drawing attention to posters attaching a huge amount of assumptions and then finish with a huge assumption?

Offline villabear

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Why we're talking about rugs I have no ikea

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 10:48:03 AM »
Why we're talking about rugs I have no ikea

Very clever, Mr Bear. A smile upon my face.

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »
Ah I must have missed all the top level strikers he was competing with since Benteke left for a place..l

If his ability and more importantly attitude were right he would have been given a chance in the team. His training clearly didn't show this to previous managers.

With the caveat that our previous managers all appear to have been mentally ill haha

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal