collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RHM  (Read 74823 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: RHM
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2017, 12:52:21 PM »
I still have a mental image of him coming on to make his debut and looking as if he was about to shit himself with nerves.

Surely someone can post the video of it on here?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
I saw him score a belter of a goal in pre-season at Stourport and I thought he'd have got more of a look in this season than he has. I hope he does end up signing, it would be a shame to see him go before seeing what he could do.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »
With the greatest of respect to RHM if Glasgow Rangers are the only team showing much of an interest in his services then I would get that contract with us signed quick sharp.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »
So you start by drawing attention to posters attaching a huge amount of assumptions and then finish with a huge assumption?

yep, my problem isn't with making assumptions, it's with assuming that all the problems are about money and coming from the player.

So assumptions are okay as long as they're yours? Wha' everrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

Yep, that's exactly what I said.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 01:11:21 PM »
I'd like to see him progress here but it's his choice to make, he may be foolish but it's his contract.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »
There's a huge amonut of assumptions here.  It could be as simple as looking at the list of forwards in the squad, seeing a lot of them play badly and still get picked and realise that we've got no intention of giving him a chance.

I hate that whenever a youing player doesn't sign a new contract there's loads of posts on here about 'bad agents', 'poorly advised', 'too big for his boots'.  No one on here knows why he's not signed or what we and other clubs are offering him.  A big part of the reason so many of our youth players don't reach their potential is that we fuck up the integration in the first team.  If RHM does leave I'm putting it down to that same mistake.

I totally agree with your point on integration. I have mentioned it before and people respond that we have produced as many, if not more, players that go on to have a career in football but when was the last time we developed a top player, got good use out of him and then went elsewhere and continued with a good career. I suppose Gareth Barry was the last that fitted this.

Young players need developing by continually putting bigger challenges in front of them, usually quite quickly and then stepping them back, to go again from a higher starting point.

All this, my assumption is not quite as big as yours is rubbish. They are all possible reasons being put forward. Even the reported events may not be true. If it is true, Bruce should keep it between him and the player. The player is currently under contract and the club should be making the best use of that.

I am amazed that supporters' reaction to something like this is "fuck him then". Perhaps it is the throw away generation that we are in.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
I've zero idea what is stalling things, but would imagine that getting some game time and a clearer path to the first team would help grease the cogs towards signing.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2017, 01:28:18 PM »
There's a huge amonut of assumptions here.  It could be as simple as looking at the list of forwards in the squad, seeing a lot of them play badly and still get picked and realise that we've got no intention of giving him a chance.

I hate that whenever a youing player doesn't sign a new contract there's loads of posts on here about 'bad agents', 'poorly advised', 'too big for his boots'.  No one on here knows why he's not signed or what we and other clubs are offering him.  A big part of the reason so many of our youth players don't reach their potential is that we fuck up the integration in the first team.  If RHM does leave I'm putting it down to that same mistake.

I totally agree with your point on integration. I have mentioned it before and people respond that we have produced as many, if not more, players that go on to have a career in football but when was the last time we developed a top player, got good use out of him and then went elsewhere and continued with a good career. I suppose Gareth Barry was the last that fitted this.

Young players need developing by continually putting bigger challenges in front of them, usually quite quickly and then stepping them back, to go again from a higher starting point.

All this, my assumption is not quite as big as yours is rubbish. They are all possible reasons being put forward. Even the reported events may not be true. If it is true, Bruce should keep it between him and the player. The player is currently under contract and the club should be making the best use of that.

I am amazed that supporters' reaction to something like this is "fuck him then". Perhaps it is the throw away generation that we are in.

Exactly, that's the bit I don't like.  It's all a bit like having a supermodel girlfriend leave you and telling everyone you were thinking of dumping her anyway and you can do better.  At some point you have to stop and think that it might, after all, be your own fault.

Offline peter w

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
Twas ever thus. If any player thinks they can do better without proving they are worth anything more than what we are prepared to offer then fine, go. Sometimes it can blow up in the club;s face but that is very very seldom. I'd like him to stay but not because I think he has a chance of doing something good but just because he may as well be here than elsewhere if he is going to progress well. But, we've offered him a contract he wants more than that. Fine. he's an 18 year-old upstart not the future of Aston Villa.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »
Why we're talking about rugs I have no ikea

Unfortunately, punathons are an underlaying irritation on this site.

No need to exaggerate, get a grip.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »

Didn't we nick Barry from Brighton?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
With the greatest of respect to RHM if Glasgow Rangers are the only team showing much of an interest in his services then I would get that contract with us signed quick sharp.

That's just it. Sounds all a bit NRC. You talk yourself up, CL etc and end up on a free at Bolton

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
Surely the fact that we are offering him such a lucrative deal should tell him and his agent that he is an important part of the club's future. If he is unwilling to sign the contract that is down to him but suggests either impatience, greed or arrogance on his part.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2017, 02:10:02 PM »
Assuming there are other clubs sniffing around, you have to ask just which sides would an inexperienced 18 year old walk into and get regular game time?

Regular posters on here whose views I respect have singled him out as a real prospect. However at the moment that's all he is a prospect, albeit an exciting one.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
I thought their earlier stuff was okay - especially Everybody Hurts, What's the Frequency Kenneth etc.  Not so sure what they've done lately mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal