collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Friday Poll: Next 10 League Matches  (Read 6373 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Friday Poll: Next 10 League Matches
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
No, I've changed my mind due to us no longer having had extra rest compared to Cardiff. First game will be a draw.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
No, I've changed my mind due to us no longer having had extra rest compared to Cardiff. First game will be a draw.

You mean the poor little lambs had to play four days earlier? What unspeakable cruelty.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
I don't see anything else than 30 points.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »

You mean the poor little lambs had to play four days earlier? What unspeakable cruelty.

I mean they have had a nice long rest and we will be playing our third game in eight days. As Jedinak is our best midfielder, and could hardly break into a trott during our last game, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Them having their game called off was a disaster for us.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »

I mean they have had a nice long rest and we will be playing our third game in eight days. As Jedinak is our best midfielder, and could hardly break into a trott during our last game, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Them having their game called off was a disaster for us.

A nice long rest? A disaster? Are these professional athletes, or retired librarians?

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »
Even professional athletes need to be properly rested to be as effective as they can be. Cardiff aren't guaranteed a win because of the postponement but gives them an advantage.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »

A nice long rest? A disaster? Are these professional athletes, or retired librarians?

Professional athletes who perform better when they are rested than when they are knackered.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 03:10:14 PM »

Professional athletes who perform better when they are rested than when they are knackered.

Knackered after playing for ninety minutes in a week, and that four days earlier? What a disaster.

Offline peter w

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »
So you don't think the more a player plays has any effect on their performance against someone who has had more rest?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
So you don't think the more a player plays has any effect on their performance against someone who has had more rest?

Not if it's one match in a week halfway through the season I don't. 

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
16 points.

Offline peter w

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »

Footballers are rarely fully fit come December never mind later in the season. many, if not most, will already be carrying knocks, niggles, and strains. The less they have to play the better. And as you say, they're professionals. they need to be at, our as close to, their optimum as possible to perform as they can. The argument that they're footballers so should be able to play as much as possible and play to their best each time is a throw-back to the days of players being injured beyond their careers. It's also why many foreign managers decry our christmas programme.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »

Footballers are rarely fully fit come December never mind later in the season. many, if not most, will already be carrying knocks, niggles, and strains. The less they have to play the better. And as you say, they're professionals. they need to be at, our as close to, their optimum as possible to perform as they can. The argument that they're footballers so should be able to play as much as possible and play to their best each time is a throw-back to the days of players being injured beyond their careers. It's also why many foreign managers decry our christmas programme.

By the time kick-off comes round some  - not all - of our players will have played ninety minutes in the previous seven days. They won't have played at all for four days. If that places them at a disadvantage against a team in the bottom four who may or may not have turned into worldbeaters due to not having had to do the same the n so be it. By that logic Tommy Elphick should be picked ahead of James Chester. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
Chester isn't the issue. The problem is that our midfield is already shite and Jedinak has already demonstrated that he can't play two games in quick succession, let alone three.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
Cardiff City (A) Win
Wolves (A) Win
PNE (H) Win
Bristol City (H) Win
Brentford (A) Win
NFFC (A) Draw
Ipswich (H) Win
Barnsley (H) Win