collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:08:20 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

Re: International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Re: Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:52:01 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 09:44:42 AM]

Re: FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Holte Pub  (Read 3728 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

The Holte Pub
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:51:12 PM »

Folks, what's the situation with The Holte Pub these days ?

We're trying to decide where to have a beer before and after the match on Boxing Day and as non of us usually drink near the ground we're a bit clueless. Any help appreciated

Offline Holte L2

Re: The Holte Pub
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »
Season Ticket holders are allowed entry.  The bar situation isnt great though. 
I drink at the scared hearts or the Holte Tavern if drinking near the ground. Much easier to get served at either.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »
It's not season ticket holders anymore - it Lions Club members....but anyone can join a Lions Club online, just choose one!

The Holte Suite is for season ticket holders. Neither charges entry any more.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »
I went in the Holte pub before ev game for a pre Mach drink last season yet rolled up for the final game and was turned away. guy on door told me its lions club only now so sod em now. No pre mention about it at all so good to see it full for the big games with lots of banners from everywhere yet don't see them on a tues night against lesser opponents

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
I went in the Holte pub before ev game for a pre Mach drink last season yet rolled up for the final game and was turned away. guy on door told me its lions club only now so sod em now. No pre mention about it at all so good to see it full for the big games with lots of banners from everywhere yet don't see them on a tues night against lesser opponents

You'll find they are there for every game. It's been busy whenever I've been in this season and besides, there wouldn't be too much point in putting flags up outside at night. You can still use the Holte Suite by the way.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »

It was filled with Banners that day because it was the end of season awards do so people had come from all over the world and everyone was encouraged to get their flags up. On "Tuesday nights" they usually open the mezzanine in the Holte Suite to save money. Every Saturday they usually have to turn people away as its so busy. We did have our own bar upstairs in Witton Lane but with the cuts it was decided it was cheaper to open the Holte Pub again (although I still don't how that is cheaper)   

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »
I would also guess that for night games people coming from far and wide have less chance to get to the pub in time for a pre match pint.

Kingthing had our banner up inside and outside a couple of pubs last night - definitely a worthwhile idea.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »
It's not season ticket holders anymore - it Lions Club members....but anyone can join a Lions Club online, just choose one!

That's odd. I went in a few games ago and just flashed my season ticket.

Offline amfy

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:07 PM »

2 things

I think they might be a bit lenient on it if they know you from previous seasons

I have only just noticed that my season ticket actually says Sutton Coldfield Lions on it, which it
S amusing because there is no longer any such thing. They are now Sutton Coldfield Villans and operate independently from the club. Does your season ticket have a random Lions club on it by any chance?

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 10:32:44 PM »

2 things

I think they might be a bit lenient on it if they know you from previous seasons

I have only just noticed that my season ticket actually says Sutton Coldfield Lions on it, which it
S amusing because there is no longer any such thing. They are now Sutton Coldfield Villans and operate independently from the club. Does your season ticket have a random Lions club on it by any chance?

mine has North walsall lions which is now an independent club

Offline amfy

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 09:57:47 AM »
We did have our own bar upstairs in Witton Lane but with the cuts it was decided it was cheaper to open the Holte Pub again (although I still don't how that is cheaper)   

Because The Holte Pub was already open last season, it's just now for Lions Club instead of ST holders. It hasn't been 're-opened' - it's just a change of use.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 10:05:16 AM »

2 things

My ST doesnt have a Lions Club on it. 

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
Guys
My post about the Holte pub wasn't aimed at any of the lions clubs just the fact that the club could of posted some sort of notice in the Holte pub informing us of not being allowed in for the final match.
I was supposed to meet my son in there for. Pre match drink but he was in the Holte suite after being turned away then I couldn't get in then couldn't get in the Holte suite as it was full.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

cheers for the replies, so to sum up unless you're a lions club member or season ticket holder both the Holte Pub and Holte Suite are off limits right ?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »

cheers for the replies, so to sum up unless you're a lions club member or season ticket holder both the Holte Pub and Holte Suite are off limits right ?

No mate. You can get into the Hopte Suite if you're a ST holder.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal