collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich v Villa Pre-Match thread  (Read 10288 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Norwich v Villa Pre-Match thread
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 05:21:17 PM »
IIRC we took just under 3K that night. Not bad for a midweek jaunt to Norwich in mid Dec even if it was a QF. It was actually 4 years ago yesterday.
Then we won 3-1 at Liverpool a few days later, had drawn Bradford in the semis, were on a run of something like 2 defeats in 12 which were to the Manc clubs, what could possibly go wrong!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:28:48 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
One of the best away performances (4-1) and without doubt the noisiest away support in recent years was a tuesday night December match at Norwich in the League Cup four years ago.
I'll be driving east tomorrow afternoon hoping for the same, apart from the fog hopefully, and the fact we're taking a third of what we took that night, and that there'll be no Delph or Benteke, or Mark Bunn in goal for them.
Oh well, 0-0 then.

Why did we take so many that night?
N'Zogbia, Flabby and Bannan were on the bench, you couldn't pass up a chance to see quality like that.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »
0-2

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:37 PM »
IIRC we took just under 3K that night. Not bad for a midweek jaunt to Norwich in mid Dec even if it was a QF. It was actually 4 years ago yesterday.
Then we won 3-1 at Liverpool a few days later, had drawn Bradford in the semis, were on a run of something like 2 defeats in 12 which were to the Manc clubs, what could possibly go wrong!
It was around 4K, and definitely the best away atmosphere we've had in recent years.

I think we'll get back to drawing ways tomorrow, 1-1.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »
It's on TV. We won't win.

Didn't we beat them on TV a few years ago? I remember Kozak scoring against them.

Probably mis-remembering and it was a draw.
http://www.skysports.com/football/norwich-vs-a-villa/287333

Kozak replaced Tekkers early on and scored the only goal

i remember driving straight back home after the game. Bloody long way

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 06:39:57 PM »
Even though they are on a bad run they still have a good team and are at home so I would take a draw. 1-1.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
I had Ipswich and Norwich as nailed-on away games to attend this season, both easily reached from our house, and work has shafted me both times.

Think we'll sneak the win. Bad vibes at Norwich at the moment.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »
Its on TV and we are dangerously close to the now traditional "christmas collapse" run.

I am terrified. Hopefully Bruce & the team can remove my absurdly irrational concerns with a result.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 07:20:32 PM »
This is going to be tough.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 07:25:42 PM »
I flew to that Norwich LC Qtr final 4 years ago from Manchester and as others have said great atmosphere. 1-2 away win.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »
definitely need to shake things up personnel wise. None of our forward options look in any kind of consistent form, though Grealish will have to start again.

Might be his first start under Bruce away from home?

Oh and Gardner has to be dropped

Norwich will be very nervy so first goal will be crucial

--------------Gollini
Hutton, Elphick, Chester, Amavi
Bacuna, Jedinak, Westwood/Tshibola, Grealish
---------McCormack, Kodjia

Ayew, Gabby, Adamoah, Baker, Cissokho, keeper, Gardner

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »
One of the best away performances (4-1) and without doubt the noisiest away support in recent years was a tuesday night December match at Norwich in the League Cup four years ago.
I'll be driving east tomorrow afternoon hoping for the same, apart from the fog hopefully, and the fact we're taking a third of what we took that night, and that there'll be no Delph or Benteke, or Mark Bunn in goal for them.
Oh well, 0-0 then.

Why did we take so many that night?
N'Zogbia, Flabby and Bannan were on the bench, you couldn't pass up a chance to see quality like that.

Only there to see the superstars.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »
The bit you should have already read:

I know that in this league there’s a load of midweek matches so we were always likely to be playing in the middle of December. I also know that for every club at home there has to be one away. That doesn’t stop a fatwah being issued on whoever it was that stuck us in Norwich, midweek, two weeks before Christmas. Then again, we did it in the League Cup five years ago and that didn’t do us any harm. I suppose we’ll have to sell all our tickets again, just to prove to everyone else what we know already. Last time I looked Norwich were reckoning they were a bigger club than us, based on such hard evidence as not having another club, or indeed civilisation, within an hour’s drive. It made them happy, which is nice. They’ve still got Wes Hoolahan, although you’d hope that by now he’s got used to the idea that he’ll not be signing for us.

Another one of the hardest games so far this season and another one where a draw will be a good result. It’s also another one that we’re perfectly capable of winning.

Things newfooty fans don’t know – Why Delia Smith’s got a bit of a reputation for slurring her words. It was eleven years ago - no, I don’t know where the time’s gone either, 

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 09:16:58 PM »
I can't remember reading such a brutally realistic yet strangely antagonistic assessment of our chances in East Anglia for many a year.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »
The QF was the first away game I attended on my own. Having had business in the vicinity, a stay over was a good choice, catch the game, a few beers, you'll always meet decent people Villa fans and Norwich in that great pub which I should remember but can't... before and after and which I've been to since with mates who thought it superb too.

I'll be in Glasgow wishing I'd planned better. I really like Norwich.. the place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal