collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Upper Trinity opening  (Read 16311 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Upper Trinity opening
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 05:42:49 PM »
You'd think four hours after announcing it on twitter that they might have updated the website, so you could actually buy said tickets.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 06:31:40 PM »
Club still has hundreds for sale on Seatwave.

Mine's up for sale on Seatwave as well. Right behind the opposition dugout. Lets start a bidding war

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 07:49:09 PM »
You'd think four hours after announcing it on twitter that they might have updated the website, so you could actually buy said tickets.

Update from the Club

Fantastic news, Villans, that the Trinity Road Upper will be opened for the first time this season for the Boxing Day visit of Burton Albion FC.

Tickets in that area will be first available to season ticket holders who held seats in that section in 2015/16 from Monday – and then they’ll be on general sale from Thursday.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
just had an email from the club saying that they are opening the Upper Trinity for the Burton game on boxing day because it is approaching a sell out!!!

previous season ticket holders up there have until next Wednesday to claim their old seats

Very disappointed that you choose to broadcast this news rather than letting me know via PM so that I can storm the Guess the Crowd League.

GTC is officially very excited about the Return of the Upper Trinity.
It's just like Christmas.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »
And, for those who enjoy the shameless promotion opportunities exploited by GTC:

Don't forget to guess in GTC10 Villa v Wigan before KO tomorrow!!! UTV!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2016, 08:13:43 PM »
As a former resident of Upper Trinity I am disgusted that mere plebs may end up there simply because their family saved up to buy them a Xmas present 😡

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
That lot will have to dig out their ties again now.

And me blanket. Never know, might be a bit nippy.

We've missed the tutting and face-palms from the upper balcony. Welcome back!

Tutting is what we make do with when we're amongst the rest of you. I for one am looking forward to a full-on, under-breath, every-other-word's-a-swearword moaning rant.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »
I sat up there once, we beat Bolton 4-0 in 2008. Me and my old man had free tickets from his work so used them as a change from the Holte. It was like being in a different ground rather than stand. When we scored everyone stood up, clapped politely and sat back down again in silence. Never again.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 09:38:57 PM »
You never know, West Mids Travel may even put a bus on.  Only one, mind you.
It'll have to be a double decker now.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »
I sat up there once, we beat Bolton 4-0 in 2008. Me and my old man had free tickets from his work so used them as a change from the Holte. It was like being in a different ground rather than stand. When we scored everyone stood up, clapped politely and sat back down again in silence. Never again.
And what's wrong with that? But it's  not easy doing that four times in a single match😥
Wouldn't it be nice if the entire ground behaved with a bit of decorum like UT instead of hugging and kissing and aimlessly pointing at away fans when we score attempting to sing "who arr yaa" at them.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »
Why have all the concourse lights been on for every game this season, even though there's not been a sausage up there?

As a tight fisted bloke who moans when the hall light is left on, turns the thermostat down to near freezing and encorages jumpers & blankets instead of having the gas fire on, this really grinds my gears. It must cost a fortune on the electric!

Offline villabear

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:17 PM »
Why have all the concourse lights been on for every game this season, even though there's not been a sausage up there?

As a tight fisted bloke who moans when the hall light is left on, turns the thermostat down to near freezing and encorages jumpers & blankets instead of having the gas fire on, this really grinds my gears. It must cost a fortune on the electric!

My mate got a couple of free tickets sitting there a couple of years ago.  We got a few hard stares due to our 'encouragement and enthusiasm' during the game.

I can recall one slightly older couple who we had to ask to get by to get to our seats who had their blanket and flask out. They did not say a word to each other or any other person during the whole ninety minutes even when we scored.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:57 PM »

If they switched the lights out in the Upper Tier a drone would probably fly into it.

Never mind the upper tier anyway: the central section of the middle tier is so sparsely populated that they could probably get by with a few reading lamps.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »

Never mind the upper tier anyway: the central section of the middle tier is so sparsely populated that they could probably get by with a few reading lamps.

That really gets on my nerves, we have a huge directors section that is always more than half empty, right in the middle of the Trinity. It looks terrible.

Why not reduce the size of this area and make more seats (the best in the ground) available to fans?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »

My mate got a couple of free tickets sitting there a couple of years ago.  We got a few hard stares due to our 'encouragement and enthusiasm' during the game.

I can recall one slightly older couple who we had to ask to get by to get to our seats who had their blanket and flask out. They did not say a word to each other or any other person during the whole ninety minutes even when we scored.

I hate it when you bump into John and Pauline!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal