collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ...we just don't like you.  (Read 6486 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: ...we just don't like you.
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 08:21:08 AM »
I echo every insult on this thread

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
The run we went on in his first season was superb,  from bottom three to within a whisker of Europe, and that alone should mean he left us with some decent memories. The fact that he's more reviled than tossers like Lambert show just what a prick of a man he was though, with no redeeming features whatsoever. He's been peddling that "famous manager/player keeps asking when I'm coming back into football" act for years now. Nobody cares you pug-faced twot.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »
Am I dreaming this  , but didn't he once say as our manager " We can't compete with the likes of Charlton ."

Even if he didn't , he is still a Gobshite.
No didn't dream it Frank, it's a favourite of me and my brother to quote O'Leary when he said "we have a different agenda to Charlton" - You see that's the kind of shit someone who previously had no connection with Villa would come out with and assume we wouldn't take offence. Because we did take offence they then get all precious and say we're living off past glories or we're fickle. Christ that man was naive.

Offline Fred

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
The one thing he did that still amazes me was making himself more unpopular than Doug. No mention of the supposed players going on strike threat in the article.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »
In footballing terms how is this man still even relevant?

There are probably bigger culprits but he's almost the ultimate footballing charlatan. I don't think anyone is critical enough of his period at Leeds with the amount of money Ridsdale spent and ultimately broke that club with. I'm not sure how much of a say O'Dreary had on signing the likes of Seth Johnson for something like 50k a week and can't be bothered looking up whether he even signed him. He was a hungry young manager who inherited some good young talented players, played some entertaining football, had a wild ride which eventually went tits up big style. Trophyless.

His time with Villa has been covered here already, one thing that Lambert has over him is that unlike so many former Villa bosses, he actually landed a half decent job after getting the arse from VP.

The line (to paraphrase) "I'd be interested, if the right job came up" is all the more comical considering he's been in charge of more than a dozen matches since he disappeared up his own arse as the bloke with the complimentary Arsenal suit.

Beckham has never struck me as the funny, smart arse type but I must admit him asking O'Leary where he'd been all these years may've changed that. There's probably a reason why he's reluctant to do interviews.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal