collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 10:01:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:01:29 PM]

Re: MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:01:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:01:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 10:00:31 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:00:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:59:44 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:59:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Staunton bankrupt  (Read 9958 times)

Online Villafirst

Steve Staunton bankrupt
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:32 AM »
According to article in the Sun. Very sad to hear and you wonder how this can happen. Apparently bad advice on investment in Film making schemes was the cause. It seems many ex-players get involved with these dodgy type schemes.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Steve Staunton bankrupt
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:22:38 AM »
Great player, not so humble human.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »
Why do players put their money into weird and dodgy schemes? If you've got a few million there are plenty of safe bets. You could literally just put it into central London property and rent it out to get a nice annual income and appreciating asset

Online Villafirst

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »
Why do players put their money into weird and dodgy schemes? If you've got a few million there are plenty of safe bets. You could literally just put it into central London property and rent it out to get a nice annual income and appreciating asset

Robbie Fowler apparently has a big portfolio of rented properties. A no-brainer really. Surely bricks and mortar is the sensible way of investment?

Offline frank black

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »

Greed, peer pressure and dodgy financial advice. If it's not regulated then don't touch it and just because your mates got one and says it's good doesn't make it legit.

If it too good to be true etc......

Offline frank black

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 08:27:03 AM »

Robbie Fowler apparently has a big portfolio of rented properties. A no-brainer really. Surely bricks and mortar is the sensible way of investment?

If you buy yourself, probably. It's the dodgy middlemen and 'schemes' that cause the issues. Pension scams are the latest.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »
Fowler specialized in buying really low value property in the north west where the rental yield on investment is amazing. I'm sure his portfolio runs into the hundreds now.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »
It seems a lot of ex-players simply don't put enough away for their retirement or save for "a rainy day"

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 09:49:46 AM »
No sympathy especially on their income. With the salary they get they can spend 2 weeks a year and save the rest.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »
Bet he's still got more money than most on here.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:18:22 AM »
I,ve never had much money so if I lost what I had it wouldn't be the end of the world. But if people have had millions and lost it then the reality must be hard to take. Like the song says......if I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor. They need to realise that with greater promised returns comes greater risks. So if trap 3 wins the 11.11 at Hove this morning I definetly won't be investing my estimatec £10 profit into the film industry.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

Liverpool fans used to sing "we all live in a Robbie Fowler house" to the Yellow Submarine tune.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Men waste money on gambling, alcohol, greed and women in their life based on what they earn and how much they have  so  I would say shame but....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:07:37 AM by olaftab »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »

Which I think is what did for Lee Hendrie.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 10:58:32 AM »
He is still only forty seven, a long way to go yet. He will lose the standard of living his family are used to but a lot of people are in a far worse position.

Money,after all isn't everything. Will no doubt get a job as a pundit in Ireland perhaps if he is lucky.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal