collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Cardiff City Post-Match Thread  (Read 40610 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Aston Villa vs Cardiff City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:07 PM »
Is DLBIA a Man City song, or just written and performed by Man City fans?
whilst wearing man City tops

Is DLBIA a Man City song?
Written by man City fans, sung by man City fans, played at man City matches. I'd say it's a man City song.

Do Man City fans sing it at matches? If 'yes', then it's a Man City Song. If 'no' then it isn't.

I suppose they could sing it while doing the Poznan.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »
Plenty of knickers in a twist over DLBIA it seems :-). Not sure it's possible to get a song that all will like...or even know (the Twang I wouldn't recognise if they introduced themselves as the Twang) perhaps we should suggest the club buy 30 odd thousand pairs of Ian Taylor's headphones and hand them out to fans so we can listen to our own tunes whilst walking out?

Personally I am of the generation that DLBIA, Wonderwall, Mr Brightside, Sex on Fire & Song 2 are played as a matter of course on pretty much any night out so I associate the tune with having a good time & a few beers rather than dissecting the writing credits....

Used to prefer the days that all the music was supplied by Andy Cash records....🎤🎧🎼🎸

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:07 PM »
I don't like this Oasis bollocks at the end though.

All right, all right, all right it's great! Better than Kumbaya, Shitting on the City, and everything. It brings atmosphere to the ground and unites the fans.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »
Unlikely songs can crystallise a perfect moment.

From my youth, Wild Boys by Duran Duran, Maggie May by Rod Stewart and Carolina on My Mind by John Denver have all been anthems amongst groups of friends. Chosen because they happened to be playing as something significant happened. It seems to me that this is what has happened with DLBIA.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
I enjoyed the goal celebration camera on Facebook. Dr Tone gets excited but I enjoyed watching Sir Brian and the grey haired Ian Taylor.

Celebration Cam: Watch our owner Dr Tony Xia and the famous Holte End show their delight at our win over Cardiff City Football Club.

Online Neil Hawkes

« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »
I enjoyed the goal celebration camera on Facebook. Dr Tone gets excited but I enjoyed watching Sir Brian and the grey haired Ian Taylor.

Celebration Cam: Watch our owner Dr Tony Xia and the famous Holte End show their delight at our win over Cardiff City Football Club.
Any chance of a link for us Luddites?

Offline berneboy

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2016, 06:15:32 PM »
Unlikely songs can crystallise a perfect moment.

From my youth, Wild Boys by Duran Duran, Maggie May by Rod Stewart and Carolina on My Mind by John Denver have all been anthems amongst groups of friends. Chosen because they happened to be playing as something significant happened. It seems to me that this is what has happened with DLBIA.

Good point, Queen Bitch by Bowie, Daydreamer by David Cassidy and Meet me on the Corner by Lindisfarne all have a similar meaning to a group of us yet only one of them is something I would listen to through choice.

Offline berneboy

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »

Any chance of a link for us Luddites?

Take a look at @AVFCOfficial's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/803279175205474307?s=09

Online Neil Hawkes

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »
If all we can argue about is a song that has taken a bit of a life of it's own in the stands then you can tell things ar going okay just now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal