collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Danny Murphy is a .........  (Read 12822 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Danny Murphy is a .........
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »
As I have said on another thread sometime ago Murphy is an example of an average footballer who did well to reach the top division.Doesnt have the highest level of education which is obvious when you hear him on the BBC but they employ him for the simple reason that he has played for a club like Liverpool who won a few things.If he had spent most of his career at Fulham and Crewe he would be unheard of in the media.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
Interesting the match he recalls is the one he scored in, after a slip by Samuel if I recall rather than any amount of limited skill.

We haven't been a big club for years - fair point but we're on the up right now.

Either he's looking to stir stuff up or like a previous poster said holds a grudge probably denying Gerrard his media-induced 'dream final'.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »
Ah

Just googled him, his financial adviser must be a villa fan.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »
I went to a talk by an ex PL referee who is now on the professional assessment panel. On match day they go into the BBC studio to watch the live feed. The MOTD team are next door and at times pop in to ask the refs for clarification. All except Danny Murphy who already knows it all.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:28 AM »
It's pantomime season....Danny Murphy (who???) as the puppet Pinocchio with Micky Quinn (fat b-stard) as Geppetto. We can see you pulling those strings!

Offline sid1964

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »
I had to laugh, the other Monday, I had TALKSPORT on driving to see my parents and they were doing a section of the show called "the Murphy Masterclass" where he talked about his tactical knowledge of the game!!!

He is a total dick - when Gerard was not offered a new contract at Liverpool, he said it was a disgrace, and they should give him a new deal on £140,000 per week - he seems to think that football clubs are charities.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
What I will say is considering they don't think we're big or relevant any more, they sure do talk about us a lot. That prat Micky Quinn is always mouthing off about us, Murphy now, other fans always biting and digging about us on Twitter, Albion's official account's first thought after beating Burnley was about...Villa.

We've obviously fallen behind the likes of Man City and Chelsea who most people would say that historically and traditionally we're bigger than. Everton are the same, although they haven't fallen as far as us. Both potentially massive clubs but we've been left behind and overtaken by clubs like Man City, thanks to their investment and new pulling power to attract top players. A lot of it is down to circumstance, if we'd been taken over by Man City's owners we could now be playing in front of 50k+ in the Champions League and be one of the biggest clubs in the country. If they'd been taken over by Lerner they could be where we are now. Not too long ago they were losing 8-1 to Boro!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »
I had to laugh, the other Monday, I had TALKSPORT on driving to see my parents and they were doing a section of the show called "the Murphy Masterclass" where he talked about his tactical knowledge of the game!!!

He is a total dick - when Gerard was not offered a new contract at Liverpool, he said it was a disgrace, and they should give him a new deal on £140,000 per week - he seems to think that football clubs are charities.

I also remember him complaining about us not giving Petrov a playing contract in the summer. Apparently we should have given him a contract "based on sentiment". I think those were more or less his exact words.
The man is a clown.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »
Our biggest crowd of the season was usually the visit of Liverpool (even more so than Man Utd) unless my memory is playing tricks on me. Murphy doesn't like us, I get that, but to suggest Leeds always sold out and we didn't is just nonsense. We've obviously upset him somewhere along the line and he's holding a grudge. Personally I think he should go and fuck himself.
Couldn't of put it better myself lol.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »
His first game against us at Anfield had less than 35K, later the same season he played at VP in front of 39,372 which was our capacity at the time.
Boom!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
Footballers are mostly idiots and who care what he think and his word is not final just because he play for Liverpool/Spurs. I am more interested in 95% current/ex villa players or players with great respect for the club. I would rather listen to Robbie Savage than this idiot ;)

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
Former England international reduced to eking out a living as a Robbie Savage tribute act. Sad. Can somebody out of charity give him a proper job?

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2016, 12:28:39 PM »
Some of you are being a bit harsh. Any second rate ex-footballer, untrained in journalism, that prostitutes himself around all available media platforms to earn as many shillings as he can, pontificating on the shortcomings of a player making a bad pass, missing a goal chance or mistiming a tackle all with the benefit of millions of pounds worth of cutting edge digital equipment, that based on his business decisions is obviously thick as pig shit, is entitled to his opinion.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2016, 12:48:29 PM »
The thing is what ground would be anything other than lifeless after the 6 years we just had?
I agree with that, but under Steve Bruce there are signs for optimism. When we played Fulham we had just come off our first away win for 14 months at Reading, and you could hear a pin drop it was that quiet. Maybe it will take time for the fans to really start believing again. I do think we're guilty of always waiting for the players to lift us though, rather than the other way round.

It's like that at most home grounds you go to. Home fans being quiet is not exclusive to us.

We need drums and an eagle and music after the goals and clappy-hand things and... Oh just f*** off you dull little man

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »
I wonder how many footballers pundit are actually trained in journalism and qualified for the job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal