collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Colin Calderwood - Confirmed  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Old Kodjia

Re: Colin Calderwood - Confirmed
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Just having a quick glance over a Brighton website (yes, I've got too much time on my hands), it appears we have taken another member of their coaching staff today.  I'm not quite sure who "Whitehawk" are or their exact connection with Brighton but the bloke is definitely joining us:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/whitehawk-part-ways-with-manager/

They play in National League South (sixth tier). I'm not aware of them being connected with Brighton FC. Your link is a news site, not a football site, and their ground is in Brighton.

Hill may have been recommended by Brian Little; he was his assistant manager at Tranmere.

I read about it here but thought the news site was a more appropriate  link:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?345545-Aston-Villa-raid-Brighton-again-for-coaching-staff-(Whitehawk-actually)

Upon reading the thread a second time, it is likely that there is no link between the 2 clubs.  Nevertheless, a new appointment is worthy of a mention.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »
Just having a quick glance over a Brighton website (yes, I've got too much time on my hands), it appears we have taken another member of their coaching staff today.  I'm not quite sure who "Whitehawk" are or their exact connection with Brighton but the bloke is definitely joining us:

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/whitehawk-part-ways-with-manager/

They play in National League South (sixth tier). I'm not aware of them being connected with Brighton FC. Your link is a news site, not a football site, and their ground is in Brighton.

Hill may have been recommended by Brian Little; he was his assistant manager at Tranmere.

I read about it here but thought the news site was a more appropriate  link:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?345545-Aston-Villa-raid-Brighton-again-for-coaching-staff-(Whitehawk-actually)

Upon reading the thread a second time, it is likely that there is no link between the 2 clubs.  Nevertheless, a new appointment is worthy of a mention.

From' Read Aston Villa ', apparently this guy was assistant to Brian Little , back in the day. Reading between the lines, it could indicate that  Kevin MacDonald's days are numbered...................Godzvilla!

Aston Villa make another backroom appointment.
Aston Villa have made another addition to Steve Bruce’s backroom staff by brining in Richard Hill, the manager of National League South club Whitehawk.
The non-league site confirmed on their official website that Hill was leaving to join Villa and said that they did not want to stand in his way.
The 53-year-old joins Stephen Clemence, Gary Walsh and Colin Calderwood as part of Bruce’s backroom staff and it is unclear at this moment if there’ll be any other additions.
Hill was a player in the lower leagues during the 1980’s and was building quite the career but he was forced to retire with a knee injury at the age of 26.
He is no stranger to Aston Villa having worked as Brian Little’s assistant in the mid 1990’s.
He’s a highly experienced coach who has worked all over the world and will be a very useful addition to the backroom staff as Villa look to get back into the Premier League.

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »
... Reading between the lines, it could indicate that  Kevin MacDonald's days are numbered...

It's probably the time to cut this link with the past.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
Richard Hill was Brian's assistant in the mid-90's, where, at Leicester? Weren't John Gregory and Alan Evans our coaches under Mr Little?

Offline Pete

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
Richard Hill was Brian's assistant in the mid-90's, where, at Leicester? Weren't John Gregory and Alan Evans our coaches under Mr Little?

Tranmere, 2003-05 (I mentioned it in an earlier post). Wikipedia says it was at Villa, but it's wrong. Here's his CV   Clicky

He was also John Gregory's assistant manager at QPR.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal