collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you are travelling down to Brighton  (Read 13407 times)

Offline luke95

Re: If you are travelling down to Brighton
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »
We stayed in the ground after for about 45mins after , walked down to station & was filtered on to trains & back in Brighton town before 11.

Not a bad ground as modern grounds go & the way they cater for away fans was a nice touch . Defo an enjoyable away day

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »
Apology from Southern. Too fucking late

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38038260

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »
How on earth are they allowed to retain their franchise?

Offline exigo

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
Apology from Southern. Too fucking late

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38038260

Apology to their fans. But not ours. The useless spunktrumpets.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »
I was telling Chico this morning that a mate of mine in Brighton commutes to London on Southern. His morning train has not arrived on time once in a year. So to echo Risso's question, I have no idea how inept you have to be to lose a rail franchise.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »
Three day strikes planned leading up to Xmas and the New year as well!
Going to wreck it for hundreds who may not be unable to get home.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
I was telling Chico this morning that a mate of mine in Brighton commutes to London on Southern. His morning train has not arrived on time once in a year. So to echo Risso's question, I have no idea how inept you have to be to lose a rail franchise.

Point of order but I don't think it's a franchise but whatever arrangement they do have with the govt through the DfT they need to get it sorted, I don't know the why's and wherefores but it's a national joke not only in terms of quality but there staff seem to be treated like shit at every turn.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »

Point of order but I don't think it's a franchise but whatever arrangement they do have with the govt through the DfT they need to get it sorted, I don't know the why's and wherefores but it's a national joke not only in terms of quality but there staff seem to be treated like shit at every turn.

I'm sure it is a franchise, but whatever. There's not a lot of national sympathy for south-eastern-based commuters ( the image of bowler hatted, pin striped Reggie Perrins and all that) but people are paying thousands for an annual season ticket only for trains to be cancelled without notice. In the summer they announced that they were cancelling over 300 of their daily services. Shocking. People are losing jobs because they can't get to work. I work with people who commute from Brighton and they arrive at work looking like they've already done a shift in a gulag. I'm glad I don't have to use Southern, I'd end up a wreck. There's a dispute over whether guards should be taken off services I think but it really is a scandal
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:32:36 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »
Apologies you're right it is a franchise but with some key differences in that the franchisee isn't taking any of the risk as they pay all revenues to the DfT and face no penalty for cancelling services!!!! In effect they're a managing agent for the government, or a nationalised service in all but name. Whoever offered that deal at the DfT wants fucking shooting.

Completely concur on how commuters are being treated.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2016, 06:52:10 PM »

Inept enough not to donate to the Tory party, probably.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »

Inept enough not to donate to the Tory party, probably.
Well said.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal