collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you are travelling down to Brighton  (Read 13477 times)

Offline auntiesledd

Re: If you are travelling down to Brighton
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket. Also if going by car there is very limited parking (if any) so the Albion Park and Ride scheme is the best option. Again, the parking and bus cost are included in the match ticket price. The best Park and Ride site, if going via the A23 is the Mill Road site.
Details of this and much more info about the City and Club can be found on link   www.*advertising*.co.uk  Also useful when travelling to matches in other cities in England and Wales.
Nice one mate. We're stopping at The premier Inn and it says there's parking. Any idea if worth it or find elsewhere to park. 8 of us 4 with tickets. Expect a load of villa doing the same. Hopefully get a ticket for lads without if not it'll be a good piss up in sunny Brighton! Should be a good crack.

Apparently you have to validate your parking ticket at the hotel's reception to get the parking discount (£10 for 24 hours: Bargain!). It's for the RCP North Road car park, so if you have a satnav then set it for BN1 1YR to get parked-up - otherwise you'll get lost! Oh, and the car park has a height restriction 6ft (1.83m) if that might be an issue. The Hotel entrance is located on North Street which is a couple of (perpendicular) streets over from where the designated car park is. 'Hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the info 😀city centre is the one were in. Two cars so height won't matter. We have 5000 tickets and anyone's guess how many are going down without tickets.Can't wait sounds like it's gonna be a right good crack UTV 

You're very welcome. I just hope the team turn up on Friday night & make your stay all the more enjoyable!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket. Also if going by car there is very limited parking (if any) so the Albion Park and Ride scheme is the best option. Again, the parking and bus cost are included in the match ticket price. The best Park and Ride site, if going via the A23 is the Mill Road site.
Details of this and much more info about the City and Club can be found on link   www.*advertising*.co.uk  Also useful when travelling to matches in other cities in England and Wales.
Nice one mate. We're stopping at The premier Inn and it says there's parking. Any idea if worth it or find elsewhere to park. 8 of us 4 with tickets. Expect a load of villa doing the same. Hopefully get a ticket for lads without if not it'll be a good piss up in sunny Brighton! Should be a good crack.

Apparently you have to validate your parking ticket at the hotel's reception to get the parking discount (£10 for 24 hours: Bargain!). It's for the RCP North Road car park, so if you have a satnav then set it for BN1 1YR to get parked-up - otherwise you'll get lost! Oh, and the car park has a height restriction 6ft (1.83m) if that might be an issue. The Hotel entrance is located on North Street which is a couple of (perpendicular) streets over from where the designated car park is. 'Hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the info 😀city centre is the one were in. Two cars so height won't matter. We have 5000 tickets and anyone's guess how many are going down without tickets.Can't wait sounds like it's gonna be a right good crack UTV 

You're very welcome. I just hope the team turn up on Friday night & make your stay all the more enjoyable!
Well the Seagulls are flying at the moment 😂
But we are the mighty Villa and it's about time we flexed our muscles in this league.

Offline dorsetvillian

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »
Taking the day off from work on Friday. My lad and myself are picking up two Bournemouth based Lions  on route. We leaving early as the traffic can be horrendous going west to east on a Friday afternoon. Parking in Worthing and getting the train. A new ground so looking forward to it. I think my last trip to Brighton was when all the other games were called off due to bad weather and there were Pompey, Chelsea, Millwall, Palace and Villa in our end!

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »
We are driving down Friday morning as well - stopping in Kempstown Friday night, i believe it ain't too far from the station.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 01:41:30 PM »
We are driving down Friday morning as well - stopping in Kempstown Friday night, i believe it ain't too far from the station.

Whereabout in Kemptown are you staying? It makes quite a difference to how long the walk to the station will be!

ps You could also get the No.25 bus - which stops at the Old Steine (outside the front of The Royal Pavilion) and it will drop you off outside the Stadium close to the away section.

Offline travellingman

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »
The 25 bus is a good shout if you are staying in the city centre. They are generally bendy buses with the destination board splashed as UNIVERSITIES. As said this bus will drop you off adjacent the stadium. You can also get buses 28/29 from the city centre which stop in Falmer. Bus ride is free with a match ticket.

Those going straight to the match by train could go via Lewes, which also has a few decent pubs and eating places. Falmer Station is about equi distance from Brighton and Lewes. Lewes trains generally a little less hassle.

Could you do us a favour by checking the Birmingham/Aston Villa page  in   www.*advertising*.co.uk  and advise if any facts and figures need amendments.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »
Auntiesledd
Yes mate the metropole I'm staying in sod it its the villa so you gotta do it in style
Can't wait now

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 06:32:12 PM »

Whereabout in Kemptown are you staying? It makes quite a difference to how long the walk to the station will be!

ps You could also get the No.25 bus - which stops at the Old Steine (outside the front of The Royal Pavilion) and it will drop you off outside the Stadium close to the away section.
I'm stopping at a place called New Cosmopolitan New Steine Kemptown and my mate stopping in another Strawberry Fields just down the road.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 11:49:33 AM »
Auntiesledd
Yes mate the metropole I'm staying in sod it its the villa so you gotta do it in style
Can't wait now

You made a great choice! ;)

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »

I'm stopping at a place called New Cosmopolitan New Steine Kemptown and my mate stopping in another Strawberry Fields just down the road.

It's about a 15 minute walk up to the station from your hotel(s) then. If you go to the top of the New Steine, turn left at the top & go down St James's St & you'll come to the OLD Steine. Cross over to the opposite side of the 'Steine & head up North Street (RBS is on the corner). When you get to the top, turn right at Boots onto Queens Road - & the station is up at the top end & will be right in front of you. Then join the rest of the throng on the R/H side of the station going to the match.

ps On balance, I reckon it'll be quicker for you & your mate to get the bus up to the stadium (25 to 'Universities'), but it's a bloody tedious schlep at the best of times - and even more so for a Friday night game. Still, it is what it is. 'Hope you both have a smashin' time down here & we get to witness the unbeaten run continuing. UTV.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:00:53 PM by auntiesledd »

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »
Brighton hates cars. Parking and the price of parking is horrendous. I'll watch it the pub with a curry and a few celebratory pints when we win, although a point would be celebrated too.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »
Any trainspotters on here who can help. I want to get to Brighton from London Bridge but none seem to return there after the game, they all go to St Pancras or Victoria. Is this a different train operator? can I get a ticket for any journey to and from Brighton or do I have to book with a specific train operator?

Online The Edge

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »

It's about a 15 minute walk up to the station from your hotel(s) then. If you go to the top of the New Steine, turn left at the top & go down St James's St & you'll come to the OLD Steine. Cross over to the opposite side of the 'Steine & head up North Street (RBS is on the corner). When you get to the top, turn right at Boots onto Queens Road - & the station is up at the top end & will be right in front of you. Then join the rest of the throng on the R/H side of the station going to the match.

ps On balance, I reckon it'll be quicker for you & your mate to get the bus up to the stadium (25 to 'Universities'), but it's a bloody tedious schlep at the best of times - and even more so for a Friday night game. Still, it is what it is. 'Hope you both have a smashin' time down here & we get to witness the unbeaten run continuing. UTV.
For those travelling without tickets where would be a good place to watch the match on sky?

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

For those travelling without tickets where would be a good place to watch the match on sky?

The biggest place (by far) that shows matches is Ye Olde King and Queen - which is a cavernous mock-Tudor joint near the Pavilion; and situated on the main arterial that goes in & out of Brighton.

https://www.view.co.uk/brighton/v/king-and-queen-1

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:30:38 AM by auntiesledd »

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 12:02:24 PM »
Any trainspotters on here who can help. I want to get to Brighton from London Bridge but none seem to return there after the game, they all go to St Pancras or Victoria. Is this a different train operator? can I get a ticket for any journey to and from Brighton or do I have to book with a specific train operator?

The old Thameslink should go via London Bridge and East Croydon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal