collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you are travelling down to Brighton  (Read 13496 times)

Offline travellingman

If you are travelling down to Brighton
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket. Also if going by car there is very limited parking (if any) so the Albion Park and Ride scheme is the best option. Again, the parking and bus cost are included in the match ticket price. The best Park and Ride site, if going via the A23 is the Mill Road site.
Details of this and much more info about the City and Club can be found on link   www.*advertising*.co.uk  Also useful when travelling to matches in other cities in England and Wales.

Offline auntiesledd

Re: If you are travelling down to Brighton
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:43:07 PM »
Excellent info from travellingman there. It's absolutely vital - for those going to the match by car - to realise that you definitely won't get parked anywhere near the stadium! The Park & Ride sites are definitely the way to go, unless you fancy joining a massive snarl-up going into the centre of Brighton: to get frustrated & eventually fleeced for the privilege of parking there. For those heading down by train, I'd recommend a few sharpeners in & around Brighton Station if you have time - as there's plenty of decent boozers at hand. If you get there early doors, you've got lots more pubs & restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the station. A good number of away supporters tend to head  out of the station & go towards the seafront (it's a straight line down!) There you'll find a 'spoons, Yates, Walkabout etc on West Street. I'd then suggest going back to the station to get a train up to Falmer, but give yourself at least an hour to board the a train for the 10-ish minute journey - as it gets very crowded up there (and even more bonkers on a Friday evening). I'd also recommend having a post-match drink up at the stadium too if you aren't in a hurry, as being part of a huge static train queue isn't a particularly enjoyable way to spend a Friday night. Any road', here's to everybody coming down having a good time and - most importantly - witnessing a strong performance from our mob on the park. Frankly, I'd snap your hands off for a point now! UTV.  :)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket.

Being covered in Away Guides and Tickets & Travel

However, it should be noted that it appears that the free train/bus is time restricted...... "between 4.15pm and midnight for a 7.45pm kick-off"

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-april14229-1169722.pdf

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:49:02 PM by UK Redsox »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket. Also if going by car there is very limited parking (if any) so the Albion Park and Ride scheme is the best option. Again, the parking and bus cost are included in the match ticket price. The best Park and Ride site, if going via the A23 is the Mill Road site.
Details of this and much more info about the City and Club can be found on link   www.*advertising*.co.uk  Also useful when travelling to matches in other cities in England and Wales.
Nice one mate. We're stopping at The premier Inn and it says there's parking. Any idea if worth it or find elsewhere to park. 8 of us 4 with tickets. Expect a load of villa doing the same. Hopefully get a ticket for lads without if not it'll be a good piss up in sunny Brighton! Should be a good crack.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »
just for the match next week, take note that if going by train you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath. BHAFC pick up the balance with the match ticket.

Being covered in Away Guides and Tickets & Travel

However, it should be noted that it appears that the free train/bus is time restricted...... "between 4.15pm and midnight for a 7.45pm kick-off"

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-april14229-1169722.pdf

You should drop a PM to Frank.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »
Excellent info from travellingman there. It's absolutely vital - for those going to the match by car - to realise that you definitely won't get parked anywhere near the stadium! The Park & Ride sites are definitely the way to go, unless you fancy joining a massive snarl-up going into the centre of Brighton: to get frustrated & eventually fleeced for the privilege of parking there. For those heading down by train, I'd recommend a few sharpeners in & around Brighton Station if you have time - as there's plenty of decent boozers at hand. If you get there early doors, you've got lots more pubs & restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the station. A good number of away supporters tend to head  out of the station & go towards the seafront (it's a straight line down!) There you'll find a 'spoons, Yates, Walkabout etc on West Street. I'd then suggest going back to the station to get a train up to Falmer, but give yourself at least an hour to board the a train for the 10-ish minute journey - as it gets very crowded up there (and even more bonkers on a Friday evening). I'd also recommend having a post-match drink up at the stadium too if you aren't in a hurry, as being part of a huge static train queue isn't a particularly enjoyable way to spend a Friday night. Any road', here's to everybody coming down having a good time and - most importantly - witnessing a strong performance from our mob on the park. Frankly, I'd snap your hands off for a point now! UTV.  :)

Thanks AL, we are staying down there Friday night, is it worth taking a cab via Woodingdean and then returning that way

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
Auntiesledd
I'm at the Hilton landing in Brighton at 1pm those pubs all on the seafront you mentioned neR the hilton not been there for ages

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 08:43:40 PM »

Thanks AL, we are staying down there Friday night, is it worth taking a cab via Woodingdean and then returning that way

You could do bab, but the route to the stadium from Woodingdean is increasingly snarled the closer you get to KO - and local cabs realise that there ain't much point driving there when the inevitable congestion happens. My advice would be to give a local cab company a bell in the afternoon (01273-202020/204060/414141) & see what the latest time they'd be willing to pick you up in order to get to the ground before the action starts. Also, you could sort out a post-match pick up if you don't fancy the alternatives.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 08:50:59 PM »
Auntiesledd
I'm at the Hilton landing in Brighton at 1pm those pubs all on the seafront you mentioned neR the hilton not been there for ages

I take it the pubs you mean are 'spoons etc? If so, chuck a left out of the front of the (West Pier?) Hilton; head down the coast road towards the Palace Pier (the long one!); and when you get past the Brighton Centre, turn left into West Street & take you pick. ;-)

ps If you're staying at The Hilton Metropole (niiiiiiiice!) then you'll be a stones-throw from the bars on West Street. Out the front of the hotel; turn left; walk past the front of the Brighton Centre & West Street is first left.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:07:32 AM by auntiesledd »

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »
Nice one mate. We're stopping at The premier Inn and it says there's parking. Any idea if worth it or find elsewhere to park. 8 of us 4 with tickets. Expect a load of villa doing the same. Hopefully get a ticket for lads without if not it'll be a good piss up in sunny Brighton! Should be a good crack.

Apparently you have to validate your parking ticket at the hotel's reception to get the parking discount (£10 for 24 hours: Bargain!). It's for the RCP North Road car park, so if you have a satnav then set it for BN1 1YR to get parked-up - otherwise you'll get lost! Oh, and the car park has a height restriction 6ft (1.83m) if that might be an issue. The Hotel entrance is located on North Street which is a couple of (perpendicular) streets over from where the designated car park is. 'Hope that helps. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:39:32 AM by auntiesledd »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
Oooooo Premier Inn, there's posh  ;)

I'm slumming it in a Travelodge

Offline NickyF

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »

Which Premier Inn are you staying at?

I'm in the city centre one as we speak. The wife booked the wrong weekend and it was non-refundable. Still going next week but am coming home on the night. I have a spare ticket, if anyone wants it PM me.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »

Which Premier Inn are you staying at?

I'm in the city centre one as we speak. The wife booked the wrong weekend and it was non-refundable. Still going next week but am coming home on the night. I have a spare ticket, if anyone wants it PM me.

PM sent. ;)

Offline NickyF

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 10:38:19 AM »
My spare ticket has been successfully rehomed.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 11:14:58 AM »

Apparently you have to validate your parking ticket at the hotel's reception to get the parking discount (£10 for 24 hours: Bargain!). It's for the RCP North Road car park, so if you have a satnav then set it for BN1 1YR to get parked-up - otherwise you'll get lost! Oh, and the car park has a height restriction 6ft (1.83m) if that might be an issue. The Hotel entrance is located on North Street which is a couple of (perpendicular) streets over from where the designated car park is. 'Hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the info 😀city centre is the one were in. Two cars so height won't matter. We have 5000 tickets and anyone's guess how many are going down without tickets.Can't wait sounds like it's gonna be a right good crack UTV 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal