collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Increased prices  (Read 9252 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: Increased prices
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
Well done to all concerned

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Excellent result.  Surely seatwave cause the villa headaches with their poor customer service all the time.   At the end of the agreed contract surely villa could set up their own sell on ticket agency

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:51 PM »
Yes well done on getting the charge reduced.  I have not bought from Seatwave, as tickets purchased from them can't be credited to your AV client number.  Did the previous postal deliveries have to have a signature?  If not the 5.99 was probably the courier charge which sounds about right for a non next day delivery.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
Yes well done on getting the charge reduced.  I have not bought from Seatwave, as tickets purchased from them can't be credited to your AV client number.  Did the previous postal deliveries have to have a signature?  If not the 5.99 was probably the courier charge which sounds about right for a non next day delivery.

are you sure about the ref. no?

with viagogo they went on your booking history

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »

I used Seatwave last season when I didn't have a ST.  If you look at the tickets it will show your client reference.  If not just contact the ticket office, after checking your purchase history on  the main site.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 10:28:34 PM »
To be fair, I've bought all my tickets off Seatwave this season, even when you add the extra charges, its still cheaper than direct from the club

That's not the point. When you buy something costing £12 you should expect to pay £12, not £22.

But you're not just buying something for £12, you're buying something for £12 and a service. A service that includes somebody manning the help desk! It's a business not a charity!

Alex., how about you donate the extra to charity next time you buy a ticket, as a little thank you for the efforts of those who have saved the rest of us from the extortionate add-ons you thought were fair?

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 11:35:53 PM »
To be fair, I've bought all my tickets off Seatwave this season, even when you add the extra charges, its still cheaper than direct from the club

That's not the point. When you buy something costing £12 you should expect to pay £12, not £22.

But you're not just buying something for £12, you're buying something for £12 and a service. A service that includes somebody manning the help desk! It's a business not a charity!

Alex., how about you donate the extra to charity next time you buy a ticket, as a little thank you for the efforts of those who have saved the rest of us from the extortionate add-ons you thought were fair?

Surely it should be you donating as a thank you as it is you that is thankful?

I presume you are slightly resentful of my opinion. I was simply trying to state that a business has the right to charge what they think they can get for the goods they are selling. We as consumers can choose to tell them to sod off and take our business elsewhere.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
You normally can as a consumer. You are restricted with your hat on as a football supporter though

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
You normally can as a consumer. You are restricted with your hat on as a football supporter though

I suspect the fact the Ticket Office is now called 'Consumer Sales' tells you everything you need to know about how the club (and not just our club) views us!

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

are you sure about the ref. no?

with viagogo they went on your booking history

I queried it with seatwave who elevated the query and that was the answer that came back.  Unfortunate really as because of faults on the OS I am unable to book through the club.  For some reason the password reminder gadget does not work, so the chances of going down to VP are limited at the moment.

I do not understand it surely if you have a website you should give someway for customers to get in touch without long phone calls, why is there no messaging service there?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »
To be fair the ticket office at the villa are usually quite good in dealing with individual issues

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2016, 02:49:30 AM »
My Seatwave tickets always have my client ref on them. All you need is for the name and address on your Seatwave account to be exactly the same as Villa have for your ref. If the club have you as John Smith but on Seatwave you have J Smith then they won't go on your client reference as an example. Just pop into the ticket office either in town or at VP and you can get it sorted, i'd have thought they could check over the phone as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal