collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Increased prices  (Read 9227 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Increased prices
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »
I've used seateave/viagogo regularly over the passed few yrs & have nearly always brought my ticket in the week before the game & collected on the day ... The cost of ticket usually drops a little & no delivery costs .

Viagogo used to do that, Seatwave never have.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
To be fair, I've bought all my tickets off Seatwave this season, even when you add the extra charges, its still cheaper than direct from the club

That's not the point. When you buy something costing £12 you should expect to pay £12, not £22.

But you're not just buying something for £12, you're buying something for £12 and a service. A service that includes somebody manning the help desk! It's a business not a charity!

So you think £10 is a reasonable price to pay for an additional fee for one ticket?

Online luke95

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »
I've used seateave/viagogo regularly over the passed few yrs & have nearly always brought my ticket in the week before the game & collected on the day ... The cost of ticket usually drops a little & no delivery costs .

Well they did/have up untill Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:59:02 PM by luke95 »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
It's 'only' £9.98 in fees. £3.99 booking fee which is fair enough, it's the £5.99 delivery and handling I have a problem with considering Seatwave don't deliver or handle the tickets.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »
To be fair, I've bought all my tickets off Seatwave this season, even when you add the extra charges, its still cheaper than direct from the club

That's not the point. When you buy something costing £12 you should expect to pay £12, not £22.

But you're not just buying something for £12, you're buying something for £12 and a service. A service that includes somebody manning the help desk! It's a business not a charity!

And there in a nutshell is why companies get away with these scams. They take a cut of the buying price, add a booking fee, now another six quid 'handling'. If I buy £12 of groceries from Tesco I expect to pay £12, not hand over another ten for the service of being sold them.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:19 PM »

Well they did/have up untill Saturday.

With Seatwave i'm pretty sure it's always been 99p on top of the booking fee regardless of whether the tickets were posted or collected. Booking fee is based on the ticket price. A £15 ticket is £3.99, £19 is £4.99, £35 ticket is £6.99.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
Thanks Dave. What a pathetic reply from the club that smacks of arrogance. I expected to pay £17 max on a seatwave ticket of £12. I'm finding I'm making more and more financial decisions where my club is concerned. I feel a sudden change in policy and pricing may have more to do with the club wanting to sell their own tickets on seatwave which funnily enough are advertised in batches of 10 and are offered at 99p delivery and handling!!! I feel they are trying to discourage people buying season ticket exchanges and tickets that they have already sold once.

The reply came from Seatwave. Villa haven't replied yet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
I doubt Villa have had anything to do with it. Looking at the Charlton page on there you would be charged an extra £4.95 on top of the booking fee for "e-ticket handling" and same kind of thing with overseas clubs on there.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2016, 08:04:12 PM »
Only option is to wait and hope cheaper "collection only" tickets come available, these scumbags will never get almost £10 in fees off me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:40:26 PM by Goldie.7 »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 08:08:08 PM »
There are a few good deals on there at the mo, scroll past those "verified tickets" it seems that means an extra £6 on top of everything else.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 08:15:12 PM »
At some point in the near future I can imagine these fees will have to be displayed up front. There needs to be some kind of regulation. In the not too distant past airlines were big culprits of this practice but were forced to stop it. Ryanair *washes mouth out* were the biggest culprits but they are all at it.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
I stand corrected Dave, thanks. Let's hope Villa see sense and distance themselves from seatwave.

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »

So you think £10 is a reasonable price to pay for an additional fee for one ticket?

I suppose I don't look at it like that. I look at the total price being £22 and then make a decision on whether or not I think that is good value and worth it to me. If it is, I buy it, if it isn't, I don't.

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2016, 09:45:36 PM »

And there in a nutshell is why companies get away with these scams. They take a cut of the buying price, add a booking fee, now another six quid 'handling'. If I buy £12 of groceries from Tesco I expect to pay £12, not hand over another ten for the service of being sold them.

That's not a great analogy. With your shopping with Tesco, you are still paying for 'handling', it's just hidden in the cost of the product.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2016, 11:24:32 PM »

That's not a great analogy. With your shopping with Tesco, you are still paying for 'handling', it's just hidden in the cost of the product.

It's an absolutely perfect analogy. Both companies are selling a commodity, yet you believe that Seatwave are selling something extra, namely this spurious 'service' and are therefore entitled to add a swingeing extra cost.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal