Heroes & Villains > Holte Enders in the Sky

peter jinks

(1/3) > >>

keeno82:
Hi to all at H & V, I know it is a regular thing and it gets on some peoples nerve s sometimes but here goes. We are trying to get a minutes applause in the 23rd minute on Saturday for Pete. He started selling sweets around the pitch when he was a kid, then became a steward at villa park which he did for 30 years until ill health meant he couldn't do it anymore. That didn't stop him going, he immediately got a season ticket for the Holte near me. He passed away suddenly last Saturday aged 54. Hope you will all join in for a good man who worked very hard for our club (for many years voluntarily) Thank you

dave.woodhall:
Is, or was, his dad a Witton Lane steward who then became a steward in the boxes or something like that?

cdbearsfan:
I do think we have too many of these. However, I don't mind it for a long-term club employee. I'll join in and so will everyone else, I expect.

keeno82:
Yes Dave ,his dad  (Joe) stewarded in witton lane whilst we also did when we all did it for pork pie and a cuppa. I understand we have a fair few of these but I Know alot of fans including myself read H&V

dave.woodhall:
It's the one I know then. Shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version