collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pubs in/near Ironbridge  (Read 1554 times)

Offline parke6993

Pubs in/near Ironbridge
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:26 PM »
Hi all.
Am new to the forum, so apologies if I've posted in wrong place but just moved back to Shropshire (lived in Telford as a kid) and looking for a Villa-friendly pub to watch the game tomorrow. Anyone know any near Ironbridge/Telford? Only pub I've been to since moving was for Wolves game - and ofc it was full of Wolves fans!

Also, shall be getting half-season ticket, is there a Villa coach from near Telford?

utv!

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Pubs in/near Ironbridge
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:14:56 PM »
As a recovering Telfordian, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

You'll struggle to find a pub where Villa outnumber Wolves (although I'm pretty sure you won't have run into any blues today!)

No idea about a Villa coach but, one final point: WHY?! WHY GO BACK ONCE YOU'D MADE IT OUT?!

Edit: Ironbridge, to be fair, is lovely.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:19:38 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 10:06:54 PM »

You'll struggle to find a pub where Villa outnumber Wolves (although I'm pretty sure you won't have run into any blues today!)

No idea about a Villa coach but, one final point: WHY?! WHY GO BACK ONCE YOU'D MADE IT OUT?!

Amen to that Mr.Ealing.  Twenty-one years growing up on Brookside estate was plenty thank you. Golden Ball, White Hart, The Swan and many more in Ironbridge are great pubs mind.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 10:30:43 PM »

Amen to that Mr.Ealing.  Twenty-one years growing up on Brookside estate was plenty thank you. Golden Ball, White Hart, The Swan and many more in Ironbridge are great pubs mind.

Wellington for me, which always retained an independent identity from Telford when I was growing up. Going back in recent years though, fucking hell, if ever evidence was needed for the argument that 'retail parks' have eviscerated the hearts of the places they serve, then it's there.

Offline popejr

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
For future reference, the Travellers Joy at Horsehay or the Britannia at Aqueduct village would be your best bets.

No coach these days, there are usually a few Villa on the 10.53 train out of Telford for Saturday 3pm home games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal