collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds (A) - Saturday 3rd December, 17.30  (Read 12876 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Leeds (A) - Saturday 3rd December, 17.30
« on: October 24, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »
Any details yet?

After a couple of spares if any away schemes don't fancy it
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:07:29 PM by JJ-AV »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Leeds (A) - Saturday 3rd December, 17.30
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »
i expect that details will be announced next week.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
I wish they'd hurry the fuck up. Want to book train tickets before prices become (even more) astronomical but won't do so unless I'm sure I've got a ticket.

The telly switch was announced weeks ago. This should've been on sale for ages now, not sure if it's our fault or Leeds'.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
Tickets have been going on sale around a month before the games. Hence why I'm not expecting any news on this until next week

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:08:26 PM »
Mr Redsox beat me to it. They normally go on sale around 4-5 weeks before games and besides, if they did put them on sale earlier, then you'd have 3 or 4 away games being on sale all at once, which can be hard on the wallet if you're a regular.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »
Surely the thread should be 'Dirty Leeds (A)'?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »
Mr Redsox beat me to it. They normally go on sale around 4-5 weeks before games and besides, if they did put them on sale earlier, then you'd have 3 or 4 away games being on sale all at once, which can be hard on the wallet if you're a regular.

Why would having all games on sale six or seven weeks before they are staged be harder on the wallet than having them all on sale three or four weeks in advance?

The only difference it makes is that transport becomes more expensive and, if people need to get time off work, it becomes more tricky the shorter-notice the game becomes.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
If frugality is an important consideration, then you could give the MegaBus a go? I booked as soon as the time change was announced and am paying £6.50 all in, (£3 there and back, 50p booking fee).

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
It's an idea. I'm scared of busses though! I will discuss this idea with my entourage though, cheers for the heads up.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 06:40:44 PM »

Why would having all games on sale six or seven weeks before they are staged be harder on the wallet than having them all on sale three or four weeks in advance?

Because then you run the risk of games being on sale within two or three weeks of each other. There's already been 8 away games on sale in the space of 2 and a half months. How it works now is fine, why change it?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
If frugality is an important consideration, then you could give the MegaBus a go? I booked as soon as the time change was announced and am paying £6.50 all in, (£3 there and back, 50p booking fee).

This wanton extravagance will be the ruination of you.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:29:05 PM »

Because then you run the risk of games being on sale within two or three weeks of each other. There's already been 8 away games on sale in the space of 2 and a half months. How it works now is fine, why change it?

How it works now isn't "fine". It costs more money in travel expenses. As I've stated in each whingy post on the matter.

There's no reason whatsoever why matches can't go on sale earlier.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:08 PM »

This wanton extravagance will be the ruination of you.

It's Yorkshire. Parsimony goes with t'territory.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 07:07:58 AM »

How it works now isn't "fine". It costs more money in travel expenses. As I've stated in each whingy post on the matter.

There's no reason whatsoever why matches can't go on sale earlier.

Well it is, otherwise they would have be swamped with complaints that it isn't fine. If you're a regular traveller by train to away games, then maybe buying a railcard might be an idea.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 08:02:58 AM »
Just because clubs don't get "swamped" with complaints doesn't mean things are fine. Just because you personally don't ever want to hear any criticism of the club on any issue, doesn't mean things are fine either.

Plenty will be annoyed at having to spend well over a hundred quid for a couple of train tickets, which could easily be avoided by just releasing tickets earlier.

Incidentally I see Newcastle fans have an arrangement whereby they get discounts on Virgin Trains, maybe Villa could look at providing similar?

I'm far from one of the moanier fans on here but I don't see anything wrong with pointing out where improvements can be made.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal