collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing forward  (Read 2956 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Press-ing forward
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:25:40 AM »

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Press-ing forward
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:35:00 AM »
McCormack  made a big difference when he came on. It was amusing to see that every time he was chopped down he would do that hand slap/low fives thing with his former colleague on getting to his feet.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:52:49 AM »
Two goals conceded in the last three games, surely? None from open play, though I guess a rebound from a penalty is technically just that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:05:10 AM »
Two goals conceded in the last three games, surely? None from open play, though I guess a rebound from a penalty is technically just that.

Sorted - for some reason I was thinking Wolves was 0-0.

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:10:34 AM »
I agree RM had a positive impact on proceeding's on Saturday, however I believe GG set the tone in the first half and was the real driving force behind our improved press-ing in the second half which lead to the goal.

I also agree we have much more important games on the horizon than the derby on Sunday, but whilst they are occupying one of those play off spots they must be caught first before we have any aspirations of greater things.

The next instalment of the derby at the back end of April will be the most defining game of this season I believe, as long as we take each game as it comes until then and hope that we have done enough over the coming months to put ourselves in the mix.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:21:56 AM »
Dave is right in saying it doesn't matter that it is Blues we are playing at the weekend  we need to grind out a result by any means possible to extend our run towards mid table.Bruce knows what that will take,hard work with everybody pulling together,We need this one badly local Derby or not!

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »
Another good read Dave, have you ever thought of complaining these into a 'story of the season' type book? I wouldnt have bought one last season but hopefully this season will be one to be remembered.

Just a thought,

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »
Another good read Dave, have you ever thought of complaining these into a 'story of the season' type book? I wouldnt have bought one last season but hopefully this season will be one to be remembered.

Just a thought,

That sounds great, I'd buy it!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »
Good read Dave.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
Just the right tone of cautious relief

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
I agree RM had a positive impact on proceeding's on Saturday, however I believe GG set the tone in the first half and was the real driving force behind our improved press-ing in the second half which lead to the goal.

The guy sitting next to me was getting really angry that we weren't putting Fulham under enough pressure in the first half and allowing them to play out from the back. To be fair to him he was right and when we put them under the cosh more in the second half Villa took control of the game.

Offline AvFc4eVeR

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 12:04:59 PM »

The guy sitting next to me was getting really angry that we weren't putting Fulham under enough pressure in the first half and allowing them to play out from the back. To be fair to him he was right and when we put them under the cosh more in the second half Villa took control of the game.

You weren't sitting in the North upper T2 around row U were you?

If so that guy was probably me!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 05:11:31 PM »

You weren't sitting in the North upper T2 around row U were you?

If so that guy was probably me!

I was in the Lower Holte!

Offline castlefields_villan

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »
Spot on as always Dave - another good read.

Absolutely right about next weekend - be superb to beat them, but if we do, it will only be a small step on the road up the league.  As many people on our side of the city will be thinking, there are 44 other league games. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal