collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Justice for the 21  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Justice for the 21
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:59 PM »
Fancy that. Having your family members murdered and wanting justice.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 05:52:08 PM »
One point which I simply don't understand is why the most vocal family seem to be using a solicitor not from England ....if these are the rules for granting legal aid then the family should comply with that .....

While what happened was terrible and nobody says otherwise this happened in a period of unrest and I am not sure that we should bring this into the football world ....if we are not careful we will need a minutes clapping for about 10 different things at each game

I hope that the matter will eventually be put to bed but I doubt "justice" will ever be done in some peoples eyes

I don't believe this topic should have a thread in this forum

If my family members had been killed, I would want answers. Governments over the years have taken the steps they have thought necessary to bring peace to NI, but that doesn't mean the families have to accept the situation.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
One point which I simply don't understand is why the most vocal family seem to be using a solicitor not from England ....if these are the rules for granting legal aid then the family should comply with that .....

While what happened was terrible and nobody says otherwise this happened in a period of unrest and I am not sure that we should bring this into the football world ....if we are not careful we will need a minutes clapping for about 10 different things at each game

I hope that the matter will eventually be put to bed but I doubt "justice" will ever be done in some peoples eyes

I don't believe this topic should have a thread in this forum

I'm pretty sure there's more than one.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »
I'm sure he can speak for himself, but to me it doesn't read to me that Leicester was in any way disagreeing with the general principle.

Putting out the view that the view that this is a Birmingham/Midlands/UK political justice issue rather than one related to football seems a fair point.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Please excuse my almost complete ignorance on this topic, and "the Troubles" in general, but has there ever been the suggestion of a Truth & Reconciliation Commission for Northern Ireland à la post-apartheid South Africa to provide the information and closure required for families etc... without the perpertrators necessarily fearing punishment and thus "happier" to reveal all ?
Hell no and neither should there be. Both sides had their share of murderous bastards and like a fellow poster said earlier, to put aside their differences and agree to a peace deal is something I did not expect to see in my lifetime, while I don't admire them for doing this, I do have grudging respect.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:37:33 PM by Neil Hawkes »

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:52 PM »
Please excuse my almost complete ignorance on this topic, and "the Troubles" in general, but has there ever been the suggestion of a Truth & Reconciliation Commission for Northern Ireland à la post-apartheid South Africa to provide the information and closure required for families etc... without the perpertrators necessarily fearing punishment and thus "happier" to reveal all ?
Hell no and neither should there be. Both sides had their share of murderous bastards.
Strongly disagree with you first assertion, primarily because of the truth of the second sentence.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2016, 06:39:44 PM »
How can we expect Governmental justice when they have already let the murderous bastards representatives form a political party and even meet the queen

It sickens me that they command a voice

It may sicken you, and a lot of other people. If you'd spent your life checking your car for bombs every morning and making sure you didn't come home from work the same route two days running you might have a different view.
I think you will find there were murderous bastards on all sides-including the British.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »
I don't think Dave was suggesting otherwise though?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 08:53:39 PM »
How can we expect Governmental justice when they have already let the murderous bastards representatives form a political party and even meet the queen

It sickens me that they command a voice

Many of the murderous bastards at that time were in the pay of HRM.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 09:14:59 PM »
This thread is about justice for 21 Brummies murdered by Irish Republican terrorists. It might not be the best forum to air grievances about Bloody Sunday.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »

Sinn Fein have repeatedly asked for one to be fair to them. The cynic in me would suggest that there is an element of populism in their stance here in that they know it's never going to happen so it's a handy one for scoring political points.

Adams for one has always refused to confirm he was in the IRA despite numerous sources confirming he was on the Army Council since the 70s, one of the doves that eventually persuaded them to give up their guns. He will never tell his story for example, most never will unless it's released post their death when they can't be challenged factually.

They have helped to identify remains of people they disappeared over the past number of years. Something that wasn't as forthcoming south of the border post independence as Adams reminds his detractors here regularly.

What I can't understand is how the perpertrators of atrocities like the Birmingham bombings live with themselves afterwards. Many of these "republicans" for example are very wealthy men post their military careers living in mansions.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2016, 09:24:41 PM »
Their post "military" careers are as poisonous as their Armalite days. Still, somebody's got to peddle coke and methamphetamine, if you've got the bones of a para military structure and a number of working class thugs who've made their bones and nothing else to do, it seems a natural career choice.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »
There seems to be general agreement for the applause and everyone knows about it by now so, as this thread is moving away from football-related matters, let's bring it to a close and if anyone wants to start a similar discussion in off topic, feel free.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal