collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:00:31 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:47 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Justice for the 21  (Read 8092 times)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Re: Justice for the 21
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:52 PM »
I lost friends and a very close one and was close by at the time to witness the aftermath. I have said on here before and elsewhere I would much prefer we moved on and not bring all this back again. I understand that some will feel very strongly about this, but remember, it is not everyone who thinks this should happen. I really do not want to go over my reasons except to say that I have thought about this many times.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:44 PM »
I certainly applaud the memory of those who lost their lives. 

Looking for "justice", however, simply opens up a huge can of worms, bringing in the suspicion of UK government collusion with the bombings of bars in the Republic of Ireland during the 1970s.  I can't see the British government (or Irish government, for that matter) ever wanting the spotlight shone on such an awful chapter in Hiberno/British history.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
There's a hint in some reports that it's tied in with the Unionist movement.  The Traditional Unionist Voice hosted the campaign's team in 'voicing their plight' to the people of Northern Ireland.

The group state that they are a non-political organisation.

I'm sure the Justice for 21 are. 

I was just pointing out the inference in some reports on why a NI law firm might have been offering their services pro bono.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
I certainly applaud the memory of those who lost their lives. 

Looking for "justice", however, simply opens up a huge can of worms, bringing in the suspicion of UK government collusion with the bombings of bars in the Republic of Ireland during the 1970s.  I can't see the British government (or Irish government, for that matter) ever wanting the spotlight shone on such an awful chapter in Hiberno/British history.

surely each case deserves justice on its own merits though?

sweeping countless atrocities under the carpet and having mass murderers walking the streets is a huge price to pay for the peace process.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »
Was it reported this morning that Legal Aid has been granted? I was coming out the house as they were saying it on the news so it may have been that a decision is expected today...

Online simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »
WW you are correct - in part. One of the families has got funding, a number of others represented by solicitors in Northern Ireland have been refused but told to come to an "arrangement" with the firm in England. a number of other families haven't yet applied for funding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-37782333

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
I've seen suggestions that both sets of fans sing YNWA which seems a bit daft if i'm honest. Clapping and singing "Justice for the 21" strikes me as being far more likely to have most joining in, and s being more effective, rather than YNWA.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
I won't be singing it. Mawkish Broadway shite.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
How can we expect Governmental justice when they have already let the murderous bastards representatives form a political party and even meet the queen

It sickens me that they command a voice

Offline luke:lamf

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »
Please excuse my almost complete ignorance on this topic, and "the Troubles" in general, but has there ever been the suggestion of a Truth & Reconciliation Commission for Northern Ireland à la post-apartheid South Africa to provide the information and closure required for families etc... without the perpertrators necessarily fearing punishment and thus "happier" to reveal all ?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
How can we expect Governmental justice when they have already let the murderous bastards representatives form a political party and even meet the queen

Many people, on both sides of the divide, including the Queen herself have put their anger and grief to one side in order to help further the peace process. They have my utmost admiration, it can't have been easy.

The "Justice for the 21" campaign is not about taking one side or another but looking for the truth. From the bombers, to the investigating Police through Whitehall and beyond the truth has been buried and these families seek answers. As a cynic, I very much doubt they'll get them but I don't blame them for trying.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »

It may sicken you, and a lot of other people. If you'd spent your life checking your car for bombs every morning and making sure you didn't come home from work the same route two days running you might have a different view.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
All sides deserve credit for abandoning violence in favour of a political settlement.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
One point which I simply don't understand is why the most vocal family seem to be using a solicitor not from England ....if these are the rules for granting legal aid then the family should comply with that .....

While what happened was terrible and nobody says otherwise this happened in a period of unrest and I am not sure that we should bring this into the football world ....if we are not careful we will need a minutes clapping for about 10 different things at each game

I hope that the matter will eventually be put to bed but I doubt "justice" will ever be done in some peoples eyes

I don't believe this topic should have a thread in this forum

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 05:46:29 PM »
I don't believe this topic should have a thread in this forum

Well, it's about something that is happening at a match that Villa are playing in four days.

So whether you agree with it happening or not, there isn't really a better place on the site for it to be discussed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal