collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker  (Read 14588 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
Wisbech Town needs new manager.  I will suggest they drop him a text.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »
The reason you don't have a job as a manager has nothing to do with your skin colour Dwight, it's your arrogance that the lower leagues are beneath you. Your arrogance thinking sending a text asking for an interview is all you need to do to be considered as manager of Aston Villa.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 01:26:59 PM »
Has he even got his badges?

The Yanited badge-kissing/Blose comments were part of the pantomime, people shouldn't be so precious. He's the most complete player we've had in the past 30 years.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
there's no way he should get a job at a top club.

But we are currently 20th in the second division. I agree that he'd be no good and that he's arrogant for sending a text and expecting an interview, but you can't really accuse him of setting his sights too high.     

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »
there's no way he should get a job at a top club.

But we are currently 20th in the second division. I agree that he'd be no good and that he's arrogant for sending a text and expecting an interview, but you can't really accuse him of setting his sights too high.   

Well, you can actually. You've got to cut your teeth elsewhere, like 99% of other managers. Pulling the race card is laughable.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 02:02:33 PM »
Well, yes you can. Very few managers get to start at the biggest and wealthiest club in the second tier of one of the biggest leagues in the World.

Ferguson started at East Stirlingshire, Mourinho started as a translator before taking on a job with some no-marks in Division Two of the Portuguese League, I can't even be arsed to check who Wenger started at but I'll bet it was noone of our size.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
Well, yes you can. Very few managers get to start at the biggest and wealthiest club in the second tier of one of the biggest leagues in the World.

Well, if you'd said "big" club in the first post instead of "top" club I'd agree with you.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »
A quick Wiki

Wenger spent the last two years of his playing career predominantly running RC Strasbourg's reserve and youth team. He became conscious of the importance of speaking English and during his holidays enrolled on a three-week language course at Cambridge.[36] Wenger also studied for his coaching badge at the Centre de ressources, d'expertise et de performance sportives (CREPS) in Strasbourg – this consisted of a course to coach children, followed by an intensive six-day course which led up to the national coaching badge.[37] The latter programme took place in Vichy and was spread over three weeks. Wenger was able to put Frantz's teachings, particularly isometrics into practise.[38] In 1981 he received his manager's diploma in Paris.[39]

Wenger's management skills at Strasbourg impressed many French coaches, and in 1983 he moved to Ligue 2 club Cannes, where he became Jean-Marc Guillou's assistant.[40] Earning a steady wage of £300 per week, he was responsible for collecting information about opposition teams, and instilled discipline in the players through training sessions.[41] Wenger's commitment to football was well documented; when asked what the young coach did during his spare time, general manager Richard Conte replied: "Videos, videos, videos. He was always watching videos of his opponents, of his own team. It didn't matter what time of night."[42] Cannes failed to win promotion to Ligue 1, but they reached the quarter-finals of the Coupe de France.[43] Wenger's work in raising the standard of the squad did not go unnoticed, and in 1984 he accepted Aldo Platini's offer to become manager of Nancy.[44]

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »

Well, if you'd said "big" club in the first post instead of "top" club I'd agree with you.

A fair point.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Wenger started out by running the training ground at RC Strasbourg. His first club as 'gaffer' was AS Nancy-Lorraine in the old French Div 1 in 1984.

Cheers Wikipedia App!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »
Should Dwight be manager of Aston Villa - I would say absolutely not. Do some (white) ex-players get preferential treatment and land top jobs they are arguably not qualified for - I would say yes (see Keane, Neville, Southgate, Robson, etc). Does Dwight's previous reputation as a party goer whilst playing help him - I would say no it's not going to help him one little bit.

But the Uk is full of racist institutions why would football be any different? Is there racism in football? I would say yes absolutely (as Dwight points out) the numbers don't match up.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
Start spreading the news,
He's acting a prat!
I don't want to see him again, dwight Yorke, Dwight Yorke.
He thinks he can manage us
Without managing anywhere
So f-ck right off dwight Yorke, dwight yorke

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 03:59:27 PM »
Dwight Yorke can fuck off plain and simple

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
Has he even got his badges?

"Yorke retired from playing in 2009, and soon completed his Level B coaching badge after previously serving as assistant manager at both Sunderland and for Trinidad and Tobago."

http://www.football365.com/news/yorke-racism-is-reason-ive-not-been-made-a-manager?

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
The reason you don't have a job as a manager has nothing to do with your skin colour Dwight, it's your arrogance that the lower leagues are beneath you. Your arrogance thinking sending a text asking for an interview is all you need to do to be considered as manager of Aston Villa.

he is a twat, I think that's the reason, but i'll just sit on the fence on this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal