collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker  (Read 14615 times)

Offline Reuben

Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker
« on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
http://talksport.com/football/listen-you-are-not-even-being-given-interview-let-alone-job-dwight-yorke-claims-aspiring

He 'can't get his head around' not getting an interview.  Linking it to colour rather than being qualified/suitable. 

There may be an underlying point here but I recall John Barnes using this as an excuse ignoring the fact that his managerial record was pretty poor.

And using the 'even though I had someone like Sir Alex ready to endorse me' line sadly brings back recent memories!

Offline passitsideways

Re: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:07:36 AM »
To be fair, we could probably use him in midfield rather than in the dugout right now.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »
Maybe he should lower his ambition a little to start with like Ince and Hasslebaink did rather than trying for one of the biggest jobs in English football with zero experience. The guy's an idiot.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:16:10 AM »
Get a job at a smaller club down the leagues and earn your stripes.  Or as an assistant coach somewhere.  Being a decent former player shouldn't give you a god given right to an interview for a job like the Villa where they had a stated requirement of experience.

There may or may not be a lack of opportunities for black players in coaching, but not getting an interview at the Villa is not reflective of this.  So put your race card away and earn your right to manage a decent club.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »
Yep, I like Yorkie but it's this type of attitude and bollocks which really proves he's not a suitable candidate anyway.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »
I would love to understand why he thinks he has a God given right to the Villa job. Has he dropped down the league and got Tamworth promoted? Has he worked as an assistant or coach under an established boss? No to both. Its nothing to do with being black Yorkie, you had a party boy lifestyle which probably preceeds you and have no relevant experience to come in and manage a massive club in a bit of a mess.

Earn your stripes and come back in 5 years

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »
Ever since he kissed that badge at Old Trafford I've not given a tinker's cuss what he says, thinks or does.

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
Why does he think he can just walk into a job as pressurised as villa manager. He has done nothing in management.

Work your way up, arrogant fool.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
You earn respect to then be interviewed for any given job.  Anybody can talk a good game but delivering is a different answer. As far as I am aware, he has not demonstrated any coaching or management experience that would attract a leading club.  As others have said, if you haven't got experience, go and get it.  There is no quick route to the top and staying there. Just look around at the number of top players that have failed.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 12:41:24 PM »
I would be curious to know how many jobs he has applied for, aside from Villa and which clubs.

richtheholtender

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
Ever since he kissed that badge at Old Trafford I've not given a tinker's cuss what he says, thinks or does.

He expects Villa to give him a managerial role after that performance at Everton? I know it was 20 years ago but still no thanks.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
Yorke-what a kn-b-head!!!! no longer a legend in my view despite his goals. What makes him believe he can just walk back into Villa Park whenever he wants after he threw his dummy out the Pram against Everton all those years ago to get his move to manure. A tw-t who continues to embarrass himself and who brings the club who gave him so much into disrespect.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 01:01:45 PM »
What has also been missed, is he was that serious and professional about applying for the job, Did he write a letter of intent, did he send a e-mail of intent, No he sent Keith Wyness a text .WTF.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 01:03:21 PM »
I've long forgiven him for his departure but there's no way he should get a job at a top club.

Let him work his way up as assistant manager or as manager of a lower league/non-league club first.

Suggesting that his skin colour is anything to do with our decision not to appoint a complete rookie is a pathetic low blow.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »
Yorkie - Loved you as a player but ever since you played for the dogshitters (although you were knackered by then) but more importantly those red cnuts and then rubbed our noses in it you can do one

I do not want you any where near our club

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal