collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jimmy MacEwan (McEwan)  (Read 4398 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: Jimmy MacEwan (McEwan)
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »
He was the first Villa signing I remember as a youngster

Offline auntiesledd

Re: Jimmy MacEwan (McEwan)
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
Jimmy was nicknamed Pancho because of his bandy legs.Always gave of his best.I hope the care home looks after him well.

I remember those bandy legs well when I was a kid! Jimmy Mac was a great friend of the family back in the day - as I think it was my Grandfather Jimmy Easson who was instumental in bringing him down to VP from Scotland. I didn't see him play for Villa, but I knew about his time at the club out on the wing. I seem to recall his wife was called Mabel; and that they had 2 sons (one of whom the OP recently met). They were smashing folk and were Villa through & through. I remember Jimmy had a job with Patrick sportsware and used to sort us all out with trainers & boots at, ahem, 'competitive prices'. I'm sad to learn that he's now living in a care home, but I'm sure there were very pressing reasons why he needed the care & security available in such surroundings. Many thanks to everybody who have shared their memories of him here. It's certainly jogged happy memories for me. My love & good wishes are winging their way to Jimmy.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:51:10 PM by auntiesledd »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal