collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mick 'F*****' Quinn  (Read 9665 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Mick 'F*****' Quinn
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:06:57 PM »
I cannot stand this excuse for a 'pundit'.  For some reason he seems to hate us.  It must surely be to do with his days at Ryton.  Just look at this drivel.  Nice of him to refer to himself as Pompey's best player also.  Everytime I hear his horrible whiney voice on the radio I want to punch it. 

Mick Quinn doesn't want Villa to go the way of some of his old clubs, and feels Steve Bruce can stop the rot - hopefully not at Newcastle's expense

As a Newcastle United fan, I’ve got mixed feelings about the idea of Steve Bruce managing Aston Villa.

Brucie is tried and tested when it comes to getting teams out of the Championship.

He can sort that club out in the same way Rafa Benitez has with Newcastle.

I’ve seen two of my old clubs fall from grace in the way Villa could if they don’t get things right and it’s a horrible, horrible sight.

But it’s hard to say good luck to them when they are promotion rivals.

Newcastle got over relegation pretty quickly, but Villa haven’t.

Their former manager Roberto Di Matteo said the whole club had a losing mentality.

Who wants to join a club like that?

You can only get rid of that if you’re winning games. Di Matteo couldn’t do that and it cost him his job.

I know from two of my old sides, Coventry and Portsmouth, what happens if you can’t snap out of that pretty quickly.

They were poorly managed and fell through division after division – in Pompey’s case all the way to the bottom.

Once teams like that fall from grace it’s hard to get out of it.

I was part of the Pompey team which went down from the old Division One in 1988 and I wish I’d left then.

But I had a year on my contract so I saw it out before joining Newcastle.

The club changed owners and manager and offered me an extra £5 a week to stay but I wasn’t interested.

What they should have done was say, ‘We’re skint, let’s sell our best player and rebuild’.

With no investment in the team, it was a forgettable final season for me at Fratton Park.

We didn’t get close to contesting the play-offs and I was pleased when I moved on.

It worked out brilliantly for me because I got a move to St James’ Park.

Villa have got some good players but they just seem extremely lightweight.

It’s ironic they scored a late equaliser at home to Newcastle because normally at that stage of a game they’re shipping them.

I read that if you chalked off all the late goals they’ve let in they’d be ninth in the Championship, instead of 19th.

Brucie knows what he’s doing, but Rafa’s shown how it needs to be done after relegation.

He’s worked incredibly hard all summer long to make things more professional around St James’ Park and the training ground, and his little touches seem to have had an effect.

Rafa’s not just looking at this season, he’s thinking about the next three or four.

It was massive for Newcastle to keep hold of Rafa, whereas Villa are about to get their fourth new manager since they sacked Tim Sherwood just under a year ago.

Rafa’s managed some big clubs and I know at the start of his career he was at some lower-league Spanish clubs but I don’t think he’s had a bigger challenge than Newcastle.

We can probably say the same about Brucie at Villa.

Thirteen points off an automatic promotion spot, they have got a lot ground to make up.

Hopefully it can work to Newcastle’s favour because they’ve already been to Villa Park, and maybe under Bruce Villa will be able to take points off some of their promotion rivals.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
Re: Mick 'F*****' Quinn
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:14:20 PM »
Like a number of pundits, he knows very little of what he often talks about. I ignore anything that I might hear from him and switch off the radio immediately I hear his voice.
He is of no relevance at all.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
I would listen to his opinion about pies

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
I would listen to his opinion about pies

And starving race horses

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
He looks like he stinks. However, and I too can't bear his witless punditry, I can't see much that I disagree with in that piece.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »
Isn't he a Liverpool fan who is indirectly on The Sun's payroll?  Or am I mistaken?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:11 PM »
How is he fucking employed.  Cruelty to racehorses yet still gets to give an opinion on it. Ignore his views on football.  They are meaningless.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »
The bloke is a grade A bellend, but I don't see too much wrong in that statement to be honest.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 12:57:09 PM »
You're letting him get under your skin.  We all know what he his and his not too well hidden agenda.  It's just polishing his ego by even opening a thread about him.  Just ignore the c**t.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 01:01:05 PM »
Isn't he a Liverpool fan who is indirectly on The Sun's payroll?  Or am I mistaken?

Correct. He could have earned a bit of respect if he'd followed Colin Murray out the door.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »
The bloke is a grade A bellend, but I don't see too much wrong in that statement to be honest.
Me neither but nothing he says as a 'pundit' is any different to what we as fans could say - but we don't get paid megabucks for it. Same goes for all pundits who get paid a small fortune to 'spout' what I consider to be 'the bleedin obvious'

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 01:03:55 PM »
Quinn's favourite word "BUT"

just add head to it and there's Quinn the lard arse.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
I'm not usually one to think people in the media dislike us, I think most don't really have an opinion of us either way, but Quinn does, always has a dig when he can, I wouldn't wipe my arse with his opinion of anything. Always thinks he funny with his quips and jokes, ive got a joke for you Quinn, your cholesterol level you fat piece of shit. And he does look like he stinks of piss.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
I just turn the radio off as soon as I hear his voice.  The few times I have had the misfortune of hearing him I assumed I was listening to Radio Liverpool FC.

Complete and utter tosser.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 01:13:27 PM »
He gives me ear aids.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal