collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396088 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3435 on: February 12, 2018, 02:35:45 AM »
Kieron, great post, I totally agree as I am one of the "many". Fair play to SB, he has brought much needed stability and more recently, through what ever means, a style of play which is exciting to watch, onwards and upwards

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3436 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »
If we get promoted he'll be manager next season. There is no chance on earth he'll be fired. And as much as I am concerned about his ability to invest in players and compete at that level he'll get the opportunity to do both. And given our turnaround of late it's hard to deny him that if he ultimately delivers on his objective.
This for me and maybe, just maybe he knows this is the chance at the biggest job he'll ever have to prove he can cut it at the top level, I think we've seen him change slightly and the recognition of needing help with Agnew coming in has been revolutionary!

Offline jwarry

« Reply #3437 on: February 12, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
If we get promoted he'll be manager next season. There is no chance on earth he'll be fired. And as much as I am concerned about his ability to invest in players and compete at that level he'll get the opportunity to do both. And given our turnaround of late it's hard to deny him that if he ultimately delivers on his objective.
This for me and maybe, just maybe he knows this is the chance at the biggest job he'll ever have to prove he can cut it at the top level, I think we've seen him change slightly and the recognition of needing help with Agnew coming in has been revolutionary!

I agree. I’m surprised Mr Agnew hasn’t got his own thread on here.  Since his arrival we have gone up several notches

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #3438 on: February 12, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
Just a personal thanks to Steve for being there on Sunday, it displays enormous character and commitment under such sad private circumstances. A great example of a man.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #3439 on: February 12, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
Just a personal thanks to Steve for being there on Sunday, it displays enormous character and commitment under such sad private circumstances. A great example of a man.

I was incredibly touched and impressed that Steve was there yesterday.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3440 on: February 12, 2018, 10:19:25 AM »
Well said.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3441 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »
The mark of the man was that he was there today, during what must be an awful time for his family.
Well said.

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #3442 on: March 12, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »
Really satisfying to see the celebrations amongst the coaches & Steve for Barny's 4th goal.
Given what Steve has been through of late, what a great show of unity & togetherness.
Well done Steve Bruce and finally the supporters seem to be coming round to appreciate your efforts for the club. Management, Players & fans together.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3443 on: May 15, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
In.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #3444 on: May 15, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »
Thank you Steve Bruce for steadying a sinking ship and bringing the pride back to our famous old club,no matter the result on the 26th

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #3445 on: May 16, 2018, 02:09:10 AM »
Steve Bruce. Thanks for your handling of our club which was in freefall, the climax of this season is our trip to meet Fulham at Wembley here's hoping of a win & return to the premiership.
The going this season has been hard with injuries to key players which without that we could have made automatic promotion, also the way you have conducted yourself when you have had terrible
Personal problems. One can only thank & admire you.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3446 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:27 AM »
After all the shit that Bruce has suffered this season, it would be massively ace if we can deliver promotion for him. Come on you Lions.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3447 on: May 16, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »
absolutely agree - he'll want this one as much for his parents as anything else.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #3448 on: May 16, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »
Well done Steve Bruce, I thought tactically he was head and shoulders better than Tiny over the two legs.

Offline cdward

« Reply #3449 on: January 02, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »
Steve Bruce: Sheffield Wednesday appoint new manager
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46660813

Let's hope he comes shopping at B6

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal