collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa's ludicrous £50m transfer spree ripped to shreds  (Read 15710 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Aston Villa's ludicrous £50m transfer spree ripped to shreds
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
I personally really like Murphy, can you really argue with what he's said?

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »
Givin` it the biggun for his mate by the sound of it, shades of that twat Fergie and his letter to Randy about Mcleish.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
To be fair to him I don't think he's that wide of the mark regarding our signings.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »
I don't think last season's purchases were bad.  I don't think this season's purchases are bad.  The problem in both cases goes back to the environment into which the players were moved.  Decent, stable, no bus throwing, no big pals act with shit stirrers and last season would have been less catastrophic.  Better team selection, better tactics and a bit of luck and referees decisions this season would have shown new players in a better light.   Murphy is going over the top to attract attention to an article in a tits and bums comic.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »
"He was very unlucky at West Brom" yeah ok, being sacked after winning 9 of his last 41 league games is very unlucky.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 01:10:19 PM »
I have no idea how good or bad our signings are as i'm yet to see them play for us having being well coached and playing under a tactically astute manager.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
a total knob jockey who looks like a condom

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
I personally really like Murphy, can you really argue with what he's said?

No, but then what has he actually said?

Team spend big and play crap - waste of money
Team spend big and play well - good investment

It's hardly insight is it and is typical of what most former players come out with. Lazy soundbites and reactive comments.

I wonder how often he's seen us play?

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »
I wonder if Real Madrid's spending would have exceeded £50m if they'd amassed 17 points over the course of the previous season.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
To be honest, is he wrong?

Last season we kept saying 'the signings on the whole aren't bad', 'they'll come good', we changed manager and they didn't.

Gollini is too inexperienced, Elphick and Jedinak have been poor. McCormack is getting on a bit. That's half the budget there.

Wonder if he has actually seen us play this season? To be fair, the previous manager seems to have bought players without having a real plan of where or how to play them.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 01:33:00 PM »
Tom I would add to that "or whether to play them at all".

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »

Danny Murphy is a bell, suggesting Clarke the bloke that's looked asleep or stoned on our bench all season confirms it

In real terms we've spent about 35m. Bearing in mind we've had to almost rebuild the entire starting eleven that's not a lot. No idea what relevance Real Madrid's spend has on ours either

Twat.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »

Last season we kept saying 'the signings on the whole aren't bad', 'they'll come good', we changed manager and they didn't.

Gollini is too inexperienced, Elphick and Jedinak have been poor. McCormack is getting on a bit. That's half the budget there.

Wonder if he has actually seen us play this season? To be fair, the previous manager seems to have bought players without having a real plan of where or how to play them.

That could apply to some of the attacking players. Gollini, Elphick and Jedinak have been played in their correct positions though and don't look good enough for a team who wants promotion.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
Part of the Talksport revolution of ex-players who will say anything for £'s

Doubt Murphy has seen 2 Villa games this season & no doubt Steve Clarke is his mate.

If a pundit came out with "Gollini has made 2/3 big mistakes but also has potential shame they didn't buy a good experienced back up, Elphick has been very poor but the only right sided centre half cover is Richards so he has to play, De Laet looked solid right back option before bad injury, Jedinak is yet to settle but has made a couple of big errors, Tshibola looked good when fit, Kodija has done well & the complete dip in form of the team has been since McCormack was injured" - I'd take them a bit more seriously rather than 'ludicrous signings' without watching the team.

Offline achilles

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 01:41:16 PM »

That could apply to some of the attacking players. Gollini, Elphick and Jedinak have been played in their correct positions though and don't look good enough for a team who wants promotion.

Fixed!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal