collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Remember when we used to enjoy watching us and expected us to win a game?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Cropley10

I can't remember a time now when watching us wasn't painful! :(
5 years of utter shite has done for me.
A season or 2 of rubbish can happen to most clubs at some time, but it seems like a lifetime now of relentless bollocks -----------even SH have a few moments to lift the knuckledraggers now and again!
I feel sorry for our young fans who know only this shite and still turn up ---------------i salute you all!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
It must be difficult to get the youngsters interested and also even worse I imagine to keep teenagers interested. What a truly horrible time to be a Villa fan. The only positives seem to be arScholes leaving the club in some way.  What does that sas about the state of the club?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
One of my best friends since my teenage years is a big Leeds fan. Since 2004 when they were relegated, they've had a pretty miserable time. That's 12 years. Forest have been the same for the past 17 years. We seem to be heading along the same path.

I do hope this mess is sorted out soon. I'm bizarrely numb to most of it, however. The anger does emerge at times. There was a fantastic anti Westwood rant on here after the Preston game. One I can relate to as far as sheer pissed off is concerned.

I also hope we stay well clear of Allardyce and McLaren. They are not the solution. I still hope Di Matteo turns it around. I like him, though his tactics and formations seem undecided and at this point, is unacceptable.

Big three games coming up. But who else is tired of saying/hearing this?

If we are going to get a new manager, Howe is the man for me. Rowett has done a sterling job, but I don't think he'd come to us. He seems to be a loyal manager.

Offline cumbriavilla

I totally agree with everything said here. My only question is why would Howe leave Premier League Bournemouth for us?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
I totally agree with everything said here. My only question is why would Howe leave Premier League Bournemouth for us?
He wouldnt, neither would Sean Dyche . I'm perplexed why people honestly think he's an option. Has a manager ever dropped from the Premier to manage in the Championship?

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
Well I still enjoy going but the game usually turns that into dis pair. I expected us to win 4-0 yesterday but the total ineptitude of the management team & lack of effort and fight in our prima dona players ruined that expectation.

Offline TaipeiVillain

It's almost as if the footballing gods are having their way. They're probably thinking:
"They've been shit for six years and could and should probably have gone down more than once during that time. There's no way they are getting back to the premier league quite so easily"
It feels like that anyway...

Offline Axl Rose

I'm not sure mate. I just have a feeling that there are managers of his ilk who would love the chance to turn us around. And would also have belief that they could do so.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
I go to the Villa based on , 1/ we will turn the corner at some point, 2/ my memories of great magical times, 3/ see friends that suffer my pain.

Offline cumbriavilla

I'm not sure mate. I just have a feeling that there are managers of his ilk who would love the chance to turn us around. And would also have belief that they could do so.
For us it's a no brainer - the chance to turn a massive club around but the risks are there - we are a poisoned chalice - look at the number of managers who have come and failed. RDM's win rate for every other club he has been at is around 40 - 50% - how I wish that could have continued. I know we were in a pretty bad way (still are) - but having spent big in the Summer I would have expected better - yesterday we saw one of the worse performances of the past few years...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Remember when we used to enjoy watching us and expected us to win a game?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
Yesterday was the sort of game yesterday when you ponder why you bother.

In fairness Preston is a pretty comfortable trip from Brum and it was actually my first away in two years so I get off lightly.

How people do away after away without being tempted to jump off Blackpool Tower is beyond me...I tip my hat to you guys as the football is so dispiriting, there's no joy or hope from watching it.

I think that's the thing for me...how relentlessly horrible the last 5 years have been. Normally teams have bad seasons and then follow it with decent ones before going bad again (West Ham). We've just been miserable for over half a decade now.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »

For us it's a no brainer - the chance to turn a massive club around but the risks are there - we are a poisoned chalice - look at the number of managers who have come and failed. RDM's win rate for every other club he has been at is around 40 - 50% - how I wish that could have continued. I know we were in a pretty bad way (still are) - but having spent big in the Summer I would have expected better - yesterday we saw one of the worse performances of the past few years...

I agree with everything you say. It is a poisoned chalice. Id love, in a dream world to see what the best managers would do with us. A klopp, a guadiola, an Ancelotti or a simeone. Could they turn it around?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »
I go to the Villa based on , 1/ we will turn the corner at some point, 2/ my memories of great magical times, 3/ see friends that suffer my pain.
Many Villans won't have much of #2

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
I know a lot of big clubs have fallen, some taken a double drop and had a bad time of things but just for relentless  poor results without an end I think we can't be too far off the worst 4/5 years in a row by anyone ever point for point. We are nowhere near a pt per game, nowhere near a goal per game and those are your basics of just being shit, we've gone below that. There's been virtually no pause in being horrendously shit.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 04:48:32 PM »
<Insert obligatory 'no - I'm only 45 years old!' comment here.>

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal