collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Pete3206
[Today at 07:01:05 PM]

Ollie Watkins by pablo_picasso
[Today at 06:59:25 PM]

NSWE Investment by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:52:40 PM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:50:48 PM]

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 06:41:37 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The last 6/7 years  (Read 6956 times)

Offline cannock villa

Re: The last 6/7 years
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 12:35:56 PM »
I can't stand O' Neil as much as the next Villa fan but we can't blame him for the last 5 years. There's been to many different managers, a lot of money has been spent on lots of players, even a different owner to say it stems from him. Apart from McLeish, we have all been relatively happy with the appointments as they have happened, both manager and player wise but for whatever reason they have just not worked out.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
44 years of supporting the Villa and at the moment I can't see myself going to a game this season as it stands. Never thought it would come to this!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 07:43:30 PM »
Or he was perfectly happy at Wigan at the time and didn't want to leave. He loves Wigan

Surely you can apply the same to Eddie Howe then even more? He is Mr Bournemouth given his playing career and been their manager now for about 8 years bar a little gap year in Burnley...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
The rot set in when I started my current job in April 2010. The first game we played after that was the 3-0 Semi Final defeat to Chelsea and things have deteriorated ever since. So if anybody fancies saving the Villa, then please feel free to offer me a job (though I'll clearly spend the majority of my time on the internet instead of doing any work).

Ha I often think  the same of my Uni days...started in September 2007 and finished my degree in May 2010 so nicely covered the three top 6 seasons . Should've done a Masters and we'd have wrapped up that League/FA cup double no problem in 2010-11.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 07:47:10 PM »
I can't stand O' Neil as much as the next Villa fan but we can't blame him for the last 5 years. There's been to many different managers, a lot of money has been spent on lots of players, even a different owner to say it stems from him. Apart from McLeish, we have all been relatively happy with the appointments as they have happened, both manager and player wise but for whatever reason they have just not worked out.
i for one was not happy with the appointments.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
It all goes in circles. I'm sixteen, and went to my first match in March 2007, after years of hearing my Dad's tales about Brian Little.  My first season ticket came a year later.  I grew up on the O'Neil side, and thought that was just pretty regular.  My mates all supported Manure so if anything I was embarrassed we couldn't manage more than sixth.  Perhaps me going to secondary school (2011) caused the change?!  Ah well, thankfully I'm leaving in June so we might start winning again soon!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »
It all goes in circles. I'm sixteen, and went to my first match in March 2007, after years of hearing my Dad's tales about Brian Little.  My first season ticket came a year later.  I grew up on the O'Neil side, and thought that was just pretty regular.  My mates all supported Manure so if anything I was embarrassed we couldn't manage more than sixth.  Perhaps me going to secondary school (2011) caused the change?!  Ah well, thankfully I'm leaving in June so we might start winning again soon!

I applaud your support. I genuinely do. Its one thing to start supporting the club when times were good (like I did and most folks here) its another to start and keep at it when it has been one disaster after another year on year.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Or he was perfectly happy at Wigan at the time and didn't want to leave. He loves Wigan

Surely you can apply the same to Eddie Howe then even more? He is Mr Bournemouth given his playing career and been their manager now for about 8 years bar a little gap year in Burnley...

Yep. I don't think there is much chance that Howe would leave Bournemouth at present.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2016, 10:14:55 PM »

I applaud your support. I genuinely do. Its one thing to start supporting the club when times were good (like I did and most folks here) its another to start and keep at it when it has been one disaster after another year on year.

Aye, to me it's not at all difficult though.  I haven't considered my loyalties once - Villa is a part of me now, and it'll never leave. Not being at VP on matchday is a thought I can't bear. I just hope we bloody well win something soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal