collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kids kit  (Read 3074 times)

Offline mike

Kids kit
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
I'm sorry if this has been done to death, but can anyone confirm that I really have to pay £42 to buy my 5 year old a Villa top to wear at footie bugs? If so then my opinion of football has sunk to an all time low.

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
Re: Kids kit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »
Only if you buy it from Villa. It's only £41.99 at Kitbag!

Offline mike

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
Well, I suppose working class parents paying £42 for a shirt for a five year old is the only way bog standard footballers are going to become millionaires. So worth it.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:04:38 AM »
If kit manufacturers are going to keep pumping millions into football clubs to help pay players wages, transfer fees, bungs etc, then they need to get that money back and make a profit through selling their goods.

I'll never for the life of me understand why an adult wants to walk around wearing a football shirt (even worse if the have a name & number on the back) but of course it's different for young kids, I get that.
Although the shirts are expensive kids do tend to want to wear them all the time so you end up spending less on other clothing, at least that's what we found when my lads were younger. And you used to be able to get them without sponsor logos too (is that still the case?).
That's my other bugbear with adults wearing football shirts - why on earth would you pay to walk around advertising Quickbooks or Dafabet or whoever?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:15:13 AM »
The one thing that's beyond my comprehension is the argument that it's better to pay £50 in the club shop than £40 somewhere else "because the club  gets the extra". You're giving them ten pounds. Why not go the whole way and hand over all your disposable income? 

Offline mike

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
There's no way on God's earth my parents would have bought me a £40 football shirt because they couldn't afford to. I can afford it but there's no way I will because it's fucking immoral.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »
The dearer the better if it keeps the cost of the season tickets down for the real supporters 😉

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
There's no way on God's earth my parents would have bought me a £40 football shirt because they couldn't afford to. I can afford it but there's no way I will because it's fucking immoral.

When last year's kit was launched, I spent over 60 quid on a kid's shirt with name, number and Premier League patches on the arms for my eldest. Had to do it online because nowhere down here was selling them. When it arrived it was way too big ( I blamed the confusing size chart on Villa's site but it was probably my fault....). No refunds for personalised kits so I was stuck with it . It's still too big now but there's no way my eldest would wear last year's kit anyway. Serves me right. I haven't bothered this year - didn't they cock up the kids' shirts this season anyway? none available when they were launched?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
Got to agree, it's a ridiculous amount of money. They should be at least half price and for a 5 year old, even that's a lot.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
As long as people pay it, they'll charge it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 11:49:31 AM »
As long as people pay it, they'll charge it.

Exactly, which is why I bought my boy a Nike one off ebay for about 12 quid, which he is delighted with, especially as it's actually in claret and blue.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:11 PM »
A full kit for my 7 year old son comes to over £80!! And that's BEFORE you add on the cost of names and numbers. Prices have gone up massively since the move to Under Armour.

I totally get the point about them charging it because people pay it and I'd never pay that for myself, however when kids ask for it for their birthday and want to wear it at football training, then you haven't got much choice.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »
Never mind the kit, has anyone bought the polyester stadium jacket? bargain at £100

I don't think I've ever read such a load of bollocks:

This year our lions will be wearing the Aston Villa Stadium Jacket as they emerge from the tunnel and make their way to the centre-circle for the customary pre-match handshake

http://shop.avfc.co.uk/shop/aston-villa-training-stadium-jacket/index.html

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »

wait til Christmas, half price by then no doubt

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »
Well if your kids are anything like my nephew, that football shirt will become like a second skin and be the go-to item of clothing for days out, football training, kick around in the park, playing xbox, sleeping in, playing in the street. £42 will cover clothing needs for virtually every situation! Yeah its a little steep but they're only kids once. I still remember how much I loved my full Peter Shilton Yellow England Goalkeepers kit I got for my 8th birthday....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal