collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RDM Poll time at 10 played!  (Read 23509 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: RDM Poll time at 10 played!
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2016, 09:03:28 AM »
We'll beat SHA next month and everyone will love him.

Hope you're right. If we think that trying to hold a lead against teams like Barnsley is a problem though, imagine us away at Blues, 1 nil up, 10  minutes left, team buckling under the pressure, Blues fans howling....... That's when we need a good manager and some leaders on the pitch 

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
He's under pressure and rightly so, but I don't think sacking him so soon is the answer. I've accepted that this is a season of trying to sort ourselves out more than anything, and we certainly won't be coming back up at the first time of asking.

Also I can't think of anyone we could realistically get who would be better, and we'd have to get rid of backroom staff etc. We've done all of that before and it didn't work, so as annoying as it is to keep shipping late goals against teams of cloggers, I think we're just going to have to live with it for the time being.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2016, 09:14:36 AM »
I've cooled down after last night when I felt he had to beat Preston to keep his job. I think he gets October to prove himself, 5 games. However if results have been really poor in the first 4, he has to go before Blues and we get someone in to get a reaction for that game.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »
Whichever way you look at it whoever the manager is one win in eleven gives the club owner at any club ample proof that he should make a change.

Indeed. It's time Tony held his hands up & admitted his mistake employing this practitioner of quackery. With any luck, the owner will have already got hold of somebody(s) associated with our club who's got a clue about the game: who can come up with a short list of managers who know how to organise & motivate players - and who have a hunger to bring success to this once-great footballing institution. Currently, Dr X's glorious 5-year-plan of global domination seems a tad over-ambitious...

Offline fooftat

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
I have never seriously considered fat Sam as our manager, but he would get us out of this division in my opinion. That's a start. lets get promoted before we worry about winning things and how he won't progress us in the prem. He can get us up and get us stable, then is the time to look to kick on.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
I've cooled down after last night when I felt he had to beat Preston to keep his job. I think he gets October to prove himself, 5 games. However if results have been really poor in the first 4, he has to go before Blues and we get someone in to get a reaction for that game.

I'm still in the fail to beat Preston and change him camp. Beat Preston and he gets the 5 games before the next international break to get 10 points from those otherwise make the change then.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
[/quot

Imagine the fun and games if it were Rowett.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
The next 5 games are:

Preston (a)
Wolves (h)
Reading (a)
Fulham (h)
SHA (a)

People saying give him 15 games are really taking a gamble. At the present rate we will be 11 points off the play offs by the time we concede a late equalizer/winner on October 30th.

At the moment we probably have just about enough time left to squeak the play offs, but we have to act now.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2016, 09:51:59 AM »
Although we have clearly not been able to overcome the jittery, fearful part of the game that has become ingrained after 5 years of struggle, cries of "sack him" do sound a bit like panic stricken cries of "do something" in a burning house or on a sinking ship. What does "do something" look like? Sacking RDM now means another complete overhaul and the new management team starting from scratch understanding which players fit where, from Agbonlahor to the newest recruit.

Crying "do something" or "sack him" should be accompanied by a clear idea of what to do next if they are to have any credibility.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »
The most critical thing for success imo is a settled side and the  main reason he has failed. Maybe its all too much too soon and he has too many options but pick a bloody formation and style of play you want and damn well stick to it. Pick your best 11 players in their best positions and back them, even after a bad game. If someone comes on as a sub and does really well or does great in training, they come into your thinking but dont shoe horn them in because someone else had a bad game. 3 or 4 games playing badly and then maybe a spell on the sidelines but how can any of them get momentum built up they way things are?

Jack has played number 10, wing and wide forward. Kodjia has played central striker on his own, part of a two, wide forward and winger. Adomah has only played twice and has played winger and bloody wing back. Dont even get me started on Bacuna who everytime he shows some promise he starts next week on a different corner of the pitch. The defence are going from a back 3 to 4 to 5 week in week out - its ludicrous and will cost him his job if he doesnt stop playing championship manager every week

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 10:03:36 AM »
I was not behind RDM's appointment - but the combo with Steve Clarke makes the pairing good enough.

Instability has wrecked our club's fortunes over the past few years. RDM should be given the season, short of a relegation battle, to show what he can do.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »
If we keep sacking managers, decent managers are not going to want to join us in the future. I think the team are struggling with confidence at the moment. I would lIke him to have the season..but obviously if we are hovering around the bottom 3 in the New Year a decision may need to be made.

Just a thought..during Ron Saunders promotion winning season in 74/75 wasn't we in the bottom half at the turn of the year?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2016, 10:10:54 AM »
Decent managers have't been joining us for the past 7 seasons.

Edit: I see we're now referencing one of greatest managers and his epic achievements as the straw to clutch at, seeing as we cannot mention Taylor any longer.

Look at the facts; the same problem every other game. Why is the manager suddenly going to develop tactical know how in the next few weeks?

I want him to succeed, but experience tells me that if will not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:14:08 AM by Ads »

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
Decent managers have't been joining us for the past 7 seasons.

Edit: I see we're now referencing one of greatest managers and his epic achievements as the straw to clutch at, seeing as we cannot mention Taylor any longer.

Look at the facts; the same problem every other game. Why is the manager suddenly going to develop tactical know how in the next few weeks?

I want him to succeed, but experience tells me that if will not.
I wasn't clutching at straws Ads..I was merely making a observation.

Offline cdward

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
The most critical thing for success imo is a settled side and the  main reason he has failed. Maybe its all too much too soon and he has too many options but pick a bloody formation and style of play you want and damn well stick to it. Pick your best 11 players in their best positions and back them, even after a bad game. If someone comes on as a sub and does really well or does great in training, they come into your thinking but dont shoe horn them in because someone else had a bad game. 3 or 4 games playing badly and then maybe a spell on the sidelines but how can any of them get momentum built up they way things are?

Jack has played number 10, wing and wide forward. Kodjia has played central striker on his own, part of a two, wide forward and winger. Adomah has only played twice and has played winger and bloody wing back. Dont even get me started on Bacuna who everytime he shows some promise he starts next week on a different corner of the pitch. The defence are going from a back 3 to 4 to 5 week in week out - its ludicrous and will cost him his job if he doesnt stop playing championship manager every week
This.
It's all a bit Sherwood.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal