collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RDM Poll time at 10 played!  (Read 23325 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: RDM Poll time at 10 played!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 05:24:57 AM »
Am truly disappointed with RDM but the alternatives being mentioned as he replacement don't seem to be an improvement. Thought that Clarke would have brought more to the party as well.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 05:35:03 AM »
Clarke brings nothing to the party. Another over rated tosser. I am in despair about how idiotic our managerial appointments are - Huddersfield raid the Euro market for someone we've never heard of and top the table. We go for the Euro Cup winning $1000 suit wearing smoothie and look like the most expensively assembled  Sunday league side in the universe. Go figure. The Dr ain't as smart as he thinks he is.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 05:37:15 AM »
I liked the manager, liked his signings. I know nothing - ask somebody else.
But get rid.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 06:06:28 AM »
I'd give him until Xmas, and if we aren't within 6 points of the play offs I'd walk him round Doug's rose garden.

We are already 7 adrift.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 06:32:51 AM »
Basically it is now must win on Saturday. Nothing else will do.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 06:58:04 AM »
Although I was underwhelmed when RDM was appointed we are now between a rock and hard place. We have had too many managers in the past few years which doesn't lead to stability. His signings look poor / average at the moment but if we sack him a new appointee will change the squad again leading to more instability.

I always said to my son we wouldn't bounce straight back and may need a season or two to sort the club out and that looks as if it may be the case.

For me I'd stick with him for the season to see what he can do but understand th frustration of the fans as we really should be where we are but we are because of our previous incompetent owner.

Online KRS

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 07:00:08 AM »
What's the point in trying to create stability with a manager that is clearly clueless?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:26 AM »
Big Fat Sams Claret and Blue Army !

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:52 AM »
Where's the until Xmas option?

He needs to pick what he thinks is his best team & formation, which may have been the one last night, and give them 4/5/6 games in a row to play with and get used to each other. Chopping and changing isn't helping.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
Big Fat Sams Claret and Blue Army !

If he became our manager, I can't see myself buying tickets to watch us. We're never going to win anything. I just want to see Villa play attacking football.

Big Fat Head Sam is a knob.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest Nigel Pearson.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
We signed RDM as potential champions whereas now we'd be appointing based on being a mid-table championship.  After RDM where do we go, I fear we would start shopping around in managers which would be out of their depth within a club the size of Villa.

For that reason I'd wait until christmas (at least) whereupon there will either be better managers available (Hughes/Billic?).

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 07:33:18 AM »
I wonder how RDM managed to win the Champions League with Chelski?
Maybe he just tossed them the ball and told them to go out and enjoy themselves.
His formations and substitutions are baffling.
Doesn't he realise that this is Championship football not Champions League and it's reasonably simple, 442 will do in most cases.
It shouldn't be that hard to put together a solid team from the players we have, just use them in the positions they were bought for.
Like someone else said on here a lot of the football down here in division 2 isn't that great.
I watch a few of the other Championship games each weekend and think we should be stuffing these.
I would give him some more time but not much more.
If he were to go now who is there to come in?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
I think my issue with him is that he shows no signs of learning from his mistakes.  Last night there was nothing to stop him putting a centre half on 10 minutes from time to shore it up and move to a counter attacking style.  Instead he brought on Gestede for Adomah.  If we were good at seeing it through fine but we are not.  We have proved that not once but 4 times in 9 games before yesterday.  Do something different. Try something different in the last 10 minutes.  It's like Bart Simpson getting zapped in Lisa's experiment.  Even a hamster learned faster.  I have concluded RDM is just stupid.  I would take Bruce or Allardyce over him. On account that we wouldd likely get out of the division.  We can worry about the rest later.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »
As it stands his Spine Gollini ,Elphick and Jedinek all look questionable ..pointless having best attackers with an error prone goalie ,dodgy defender and a midfielder enforcer with the turning circle and speed of a route master bus.

Adomah is another one ,buy a winger then sub him for your target man ..twice !!

For me has to go he has played average teams and not won, his only in is against the worst team in league.Luton in cup was an embarrassment and dr Tony duely gave RDM more funds and it's still piss poor.

It Norwich in thats 13 points off top I belive that is simply not good enough when you had a whole summer and 50mil to spend in this league

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
You have to give him time, the mess he took on was unpresented at the beginning. Sack him now and we start to become a derby county or Leeds united

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal