collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blues (A)  (Read 11616 times)

Offline spangley1812

Blues (A)
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
Sky Bet Championship

Saturday October 30

Kick-off: 12pm

St Andrew’s

Allocation: 2,000

Prices: £30 [adults], £25 O65/students, £20 [U19] and £15 [U13].

Please note all U15s must be accompanied by an adult.

Supporters purchasing concessionary tickets must be of a concessionary age as tickets are for personal use only.

All orders are checked by Aston Villa on behalf of the away Club. Supporters failing to comply with booking tickets properly may lose the right to purchase away tickets, particularly if fans attempt to use concession ticket booking history to purchase future adult tickets.Your cooperation and support of the team on the road is much appreciated. 

21 Wheelchair Bays - Disabled supporters tickets are priced as above with a free personal assistant and are available by calling the Ticket Office on 0333 323 1874

Monday September 26, 5pm ONLINE/Tuesday September 27 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who have purchased tickets for 7+ away league matches in the 2016/17 season

Tuesday September 27, 5pm ONLINE/Wednesday September 28 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who have purchased tickets for 5+ away league matches in the 2016/17 season

Thursday September 29 phone or in person: Lions Club Chairman can call to secure their allocation from 3pm

Thursday September 29, 5pm ONLINE/Friday September 20 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who have purchased tickets for 3+ away league matches in the 2016/17 season

Saturday October 1, 5pm ONLINE/Monday October 3 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders who have purchased tickets for 1+ away league matches in the 2016/17 season

Tuesday October 4, 5pm ONLINE/Wednesday October 5 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders

Coach Travel: No coach travel is available or this fixture.

To buy tickets, dependent on sales windows, head to Villa Park or New Street ticket offices, contact 0333 323 1874 or visit our ONLINE BOX OFFICE.

Post: Only tickets purchased before 3:30pm on Wednesday October 26 will be posted to supporters.

Collections: All tickets purchased after this deadline will be available for collection only from Villa Park.

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Blues (A)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:52:17 AM »
Begging letter - I only have Sheff Wed, Derby and Barnsley on my card this  season - Bristol City I went but managed to scramble a ticket through someone on this site.

I am away for  Preston - my second closest away (Spain).

Yes looking for a ticket for the Sty.  Anyone one who can possibly assist please PM me.

Offline steamer

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »
Allocation of 2000 ?
The dump is hardly bursting at the seams

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »
Police and club advice have restricted us to 2000, they will get the same at VP. Scottish police can handle 7000 Rangers fans at Celtic yet WMP can only handle 2000 Villa or Small Heath.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »
Personally, I think it's the right thing to do. It's an hostile enough fixture as it is and you know what them lot are like and the more tickets we get, the more chance a few of our loons who only go to games like this will have of getting one. I know people are going to be disappointed but I think it's a sensible approach.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 12:17:12 PM »
Nonsense. The idiotic minority shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for the minority.

As a previous poster said, if the Strathclyde police can handle it, why are ours so useless?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »
WEst Mids Police's way of coping with any potential problem is by stopping people going. Most football matches they have bugger all to do and when a game comes along that might create a little bit more work for them this is how they avoid it.

If they just acted and dealt with people who stepped out of line when it happened instead of just releasing images 6 months later for the public could do their work for them, maybe good law abiding fans could watch football when they want to.

They've already spoilt this fixture by insisting on ridiculous Sunday lunchtime kick-offs, now they want to stop people going as well.

Police forces up and down the country can cope with derbies, ours can't. And don't try and tell me ours is any worse than others, that's crap.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »
WEst Mids Police's way of coping with any potential problem is by stopping people going. Most football matches they have bugger all to do and when a game comes along that might create a little bit more work for them this is how they avoid it.

If they just acted and dealt with people who stepped out of line when it happened instead of just releasing images 6 months later for the public could do their work for them, maybe good law abiding fans could watch football when they want to.

They've already spoilt this fixture by insisting on ridiculous Sunday lunchtime kick-offs, now they want to stop people going as well.

Police forces up and down the country can cope with derbies, ours can't. And don't try and tell me ours is any worse than others, that's crap.

Out of interest, what time do you think the game should be?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 02:00:09 PM »
SHA were entitled to far more tickets for the cup game than they got so have no issue and the price for those going will probably be the cheapest we've paid at the sty for quite a while given they were charging 40 quid in the prem days.

They'll only get 2k tickets for the return in April I'd imagine.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »

Spot on

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 09:38:58 PM »

3pm Saturday as all games should be.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 09:45:04 PM »

3pm Saturday as all games should be.

Good luck with that 46 week season and no cup matches!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 10:31:19 PM »
SHA were entitled to far more tickets for the cup game than they got so have no issue and the price for those going will probably be the cheapest we've paid at the sty for quite a while given they were charging 40 quid in the prem days.

They'll only get 2k tickets for the return in April I'd imagine.

They should have more tickets at Villa Park too. Police are useless.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
The fixture is dead as far as Villa fans looking  forward to it. 

I remember the 70's when we took in excess of 10,000 to the Sty.  The dislike has always been there, but the hatred never as bad as today.  I would even go onto say that it was Man Ure for whom we had  a proper hatred back then.

The atmosphere was second to none even at St Andrews.  The Spring bank holiday game in 76 the first one back at St Andrews was for all intense and purposes captured a cup final atmosphere. 

I think that the fans of both clubs have helped the police come to such a decision.  When you get an allocation of so few tickets it has killed the fixture.

Can  see even the Blues have placed a strict ticket policy on their own fans for what is a home game.  May as well play the game behind closed doors and broadcast the result afterwards.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »
They got the league allocation. The only alternative would have been to put them in the Upper North. The Stripey Filth in the FA Cup game chucked loads down so it wouldn't have worked.

There's no reason why we couldn't have all the Railway End and be adequately policed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal