collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Vacancy at Villa: Youth Team manager/Head of Coaching  (Read 4590 times)

Offline godzvilla

Vacancy at Villa: Youth Team manager/Head of Coaching
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »
With Ben Petty ( allegedly ) & Gordon Cowans gone , we are now looking for a replacement. Good to see we are looking for the best, judging by the skill set required , which makes itself makes for interesting ( and informative ) reading..........Godzvilla!
From the OS....
Youth Team Manager/Head of Coaching (Performance)

Aston Villa Football Club is looking to recruit an experienced practitioner who is innovative, motivated and committed to the development of elite young footballers.

The combined position of Youth Team Manager/Head of Coaching (Performance) within the club’s academy is a key strategic role in the club’s long term commitment with regards to high performance player development and elite coach quality control.

The successful applicant will be expected to play an integral role reporting to the club’s academy manager and the technical director in leading, monitoring and managing the academy’s coaching and playing philosophies, while coaching and managing on a daily basis the club’s youth team within the Professional Development Phase.

The key responsibilities include:

Select and manage the club’s youth team in respect of all league, cup and friendly fixtures, including designing and delivering the youth team’s daily coaching programme
    Plan, organise and deliver all aspects of the Professional Development Phase programme with specific reference to Under 17, 18 and 19 players
    Manage the transition of elite players on our Accelerated Performance Pathway
    Liaise on a daily basis with the Senior Professional Development Phase Under 23 coaching staff with regards to player progression and management of both training and game opportunities
    In conjunction with the above and including the Coach Educator, monitor and evaluate the academy’s coaching philosophy and playing philosophy ensuring best practice is delivered by its staff
    Design and manage all Individual Learning Plans (ILP) for all relevant squads to include recording of information on the club’s Performance Management Application
    Liaise with Recruitment Department with regards to player identification proceduresand decision making
    Observe and comply with the rules and regulations for the time being in force of any organisational body, the rules and regulations of which the club is bound to observe, including those of the Football Association and the relevant league
    To embrace diversity throughout the club and encourage diversity by facilitating equality of opportunity in accordance with the club’s Equality and Diversity Policy

The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
Essential

Educated to UEFA A Licence
    FA Advanced Youth Award
    FA Youth Award - Module 3
    Up-to-date BFAS qualification
    Have a track record in the development of coaches and players
    Enhanced FA DBS check
    Member of the FA Licenced Coaches’ Club
    Experience of a similar role within a Category 1 - 4 academy

Preferred

Educated to UEFA Pro Licence
    FA Coach educator
    Knowledge of the FA and Premier League rules and regulations with regard to academies
    Clean driving licence
    Degree in relevant discipline

Personal Qualities

Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
    Willing to follow and promote the club philosophy
    Ability to work independently and within a team environment
    Excellent people management skills
    Strong IT and presentation skills
    Organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise
    Adaptable and able to work flexible hours
    Excellent communication skills
    Positive can do attitude

This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check being completed.
To apply please send your CV and covering letters, including your current salary details to careers@avfc.co.uk or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Advisor, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.

Closing date: Monday September 26. /  Interviews will be held week commencing October 3.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Vacancy at Villa: Youth Team manager/Head of Coaching
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »
For far too many years we have had seemingly excellent and exciting players come through the youth set up at Villa only to stand still once they get into the first team. Hopefully, those days are almost over and both RDM and this new Coach work well together to push the likes of Andre Green to international recognition.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »
For far too many years we have had seemingly excellent and exciting players come through the youth set up at Villa only to stand still once they get into the first team. Hopefully, those days are almost over and both RDM and this new Coach work well together to push the likes of Andre Green to international recognition.

I think the problem in the last few years is that they haven't been getting into the 1st team. Successive managers have been scared to give them the chance, rather playing safe with experience and look what has happened.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »
Presumably Steve Round will have a big say in the appointment as presumably it is going to be along the lines of, hopefully, a conveyor belt producing players brought up to play in the "Villa way" from kids/youth through to first team.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »
Ben Petty has gone to Leicester City.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:06:59 PM »
Bit surprised that there is no mention of language skills.  There will be an increasing number of admissions to our academy whose first language is not English.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:24:16 PM »
I have applied.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
Bit surprised that there is no mention of language skills.  There will be an increasing number of admissions to our academy whose first language is not English.

Most of our European neighbours have a good grasp of English. I'll admit that the lads in South America tend not to speak anything other than their native tongue, but we don't see a wild amount of those. My Spanish friends tell me that they find South American spanish difficult to understand at times too.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
I read part of an interview with Schhteve McLaren this weekend and they mentioned that he is using his time off to complete a 2-year masters in sports management.  To paraphrase what he said, the course is designed to teach you how to run entire clubs rather than just manage the players.

Anyway, our own Steve Round qualified from this last year.  A good sign I hope that he's prepared to study and look outside the typical football bubble.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »
I have applied.

hah. scary bit is you'll probably get an interview

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:57 PM »
Just as an aside, who have we actually produced that has become a premiership player in the last 10 years? that's not a dig at us really, because  i don't see any team packed full of home grown players.  I guess Cahill who was deemed crapper than the likes of Knight and Curtis Davies. Albrighton i guess. Clark by default. Anymore?

Offline FatSam

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
Just as an aside, who have we actually produced that has become a premiership player in the last 10 years? that's not a dig at us really, because  i don't see any team packed full of home grown players.  I guess Cahill who was deemed crapper than the likes of Knight and Curtis Davies. Albrighton i guess. Clark by default. Anymore?
Davis, Clark, Gardner (C), Albrighton. Whittingham must have had a season with Cardiff in the PL. Myhill, Ridgewell and Agbonlahor were more than 10 years ago.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »
Davis, Clark, Gardner (C), Albrighton. Whittingham must have had a season with Cardiff in the PL. Myhill, Ridgewell and Agbonlahor were more than 10 years ago.

Forgotten all about Davis

Offline Pete

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »

Gareth Barry. I know he was a Brighton first, but developed by us from the age of 16.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »

Gareth Barry. I know he was a Brighton first, but developed by us from the age of 16.

Nearly 20 years ago though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal