collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Midfield  (Read 21043 times)

Offline footyskillz

Re: The Midfield
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
    Outfield-

Chester.            Baker
                Jedinak
      Hooray Lansbury BB
Adomah.                 Amavi
        Ayew
                      Kodjia

I mean I would LOVE to see this.. But I think Pep/Poch tactics are a bit beyond Brucie

Where would you stand on midfield/outfield positions.
I had toyed with gemma Lucy lansbury as the man off the striker and hourihane left middle bb were adomah is.

Bree Chester Baker Amavi
BB Jedinak Hourihane Grealish
         Lansbury
                    Kodija

From what I saw of him v PNE I'm not sure Lansbury will be mobile enough behind Kodjia to serve him in that role. Would much prefer him making well-timed, occasional runs from slightly deeper as he did a few times in the first half.

Could maybe try a diamond, but would have to see how good Bree is to play that - and I'd honestly be against trying to accommodate ALL of the new signings in one system. Hopefully will be able to rotate out BB/Lansbury/Grealish as needed in a standard 4-2-3-1 depending on standard of team, home/away etc.

I like the back three with Jedi in the centre idea though but may upset the good partnership we've got there at the moment - Bruce did like a 3 at Hull for quite a while.

Jedi envisage more holder behind midfield. Though prefer Gards !

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
    Outfield-

Chester.            Baker
                Jedinak
      Hooray Lansbury BB
Adomah.                 Amavi
        Ayew
                      Kodjia

I mean I would LOVE to see this.. But I think Pep/Poch tactics are a bit beyond Brucie

Where would you stand on midfield/outfield positions.
I had toyed with gemma Lucy lansbury as the man off the striker and hourihane left middle bb were adomah is.

Bree Chester Baker Amavi
BB Jedinak Hourihane Grealish
         Lansbury
                    Kodija

From what I saw of him v PNE I'm not sure Lansbury will be mobile enough behind Kodjia to serve him in that role. Would much prefer him making well-timed, occasional runs from slightly deeper as he did a few times in the first half.

Could maybe try a diamond, but would have to see how good Bree is to play that - and I'd honestly be against trying to accommodate ALL of the new signings in one system. Hopefully will be able to rotate out BB/Lansbury/Grealish as needed in a standard 4-2-3-1 depending on standard of team, home/away etc.

I like the back three with Jedi in the centre idea though but may upset the good partnership we've got there at the moment - Bruce did like a 3 at Hull for quite a while.

Think SB has been quoted as a 4-4-2 believer

Thing is, we've signed so many CMs that I find it hard to see how he'll be able to play that! Maybe a diamond is on the cards then if he trusts in Amavi/Bree/(Hutton?) and fancies Grealish in behind the strikers. Which I'm not sure I'd support

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:29 PM »
These are nice problems to have, mind. But the kind of problems I'd prefer to have in pre-season rather than January....

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »
For me it looks pretty simple and the team picks it self dependant on quality of the opposition.

Away from home or against the better sides in the league we will go with

Jedinek

Adhoma Lansbury Hourihane BB

At home or against lesser opposition or chancing the game we will sacrifice Jedinek for Grealish or Ayew

Adhoma Lansbury Hourihane BB

grealish or ayew

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
Personally I think ALL the new signings need to be in the next starting 11, the old guard need to earn their place for the first time in god knows how long.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »
As someone said earlier maybe he does see 442 as an option. Though I always thought he liked 5 in midfield.

Kodjia does look better with support. And maybe hourihane can hold with Lansbury playing no 8

Adomah Lansbury hourihane Thor / grealish

Kodjia and new signing / gabby

Offline notjam

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »
We were crying out for a midfield - we have bought one, why would we not play them?

Offline notjam

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »
We have Grealish, the most fouled player in the league. Now we have the best free kick taker - they must be played together

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2017, 11:58:00 PM »
Basically you would expect Lansbury and Hourihane to be first choice. Then you can either play a holding midfielder and use Jedinak or go more aggressive and have Grealish playing a number 10 role.

Online KRS

« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2017, 12:18:17 AM »
Against the better teams I'd have Jedi sitting behind Lansbury, Hourihane and Thor/Jack with Adoma and Kodjia.

For everyone else, play as diamond with Lansbury, Hourihane, Thor and Jack with Adoma and Kodjia providing the pace up top. If we need to close up shop then bring on Jedi for either Adoma or Jack.

Obviously we need to see what these 3 new signings are capable of before making any judgements.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »
Isn't it great that we can have a discussion concerning midfield player options and formations, thanks Doctor Tony.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal